My Right to Stand?

The Jacket

The Coat
Just a quick question before I go back to shouting my head off from the win:

As a season ticket holder and a Yellow Jacket in OUR house, do I or do I not have the right to stand up? Heck, the whole dang game if I want to? The reason I ask is because while I was standing, an Auburn fan behind me tapped my shoulder and told me.. not ASKED.. TOLD me to sit down. I was cool and although agitated, sat down. The second time it happened, I was mad. I told him that I bought the seat and I was watching the game. He turned to one of his fellow Awwbern buds and shook his head in disgust. Another one of them a few rows back was rather drunk and started yelling that Plainsmen gibberish at me. I continued standing for a while simply because they were being idiots rather than politely asking me to sit down, in which case I would have possibly sat. Before he walked out of the game in the 4th quarter, I made him shake my hand and told him no hard feelings in what not.

So I repose the question:

Since I have bought that seat, do I not have the right to decide whether my butt goes in it or not?

And on a lighter note:
17-3 BAAAYBEEE!!! YEEEYAAAAH!!

I think the Auburn fan was just sore about losing.

I don't like to be around fans, regardless of affiliation, that can't get excited and stand and shout every now and then. If the other guy was more tactful in his approach, I personally would have explained the situation better and tried to come to a mutual understanding, but he didn't allow you that opportunity in the first place. Then again, what the hell does he expect when he's a fan of the visiting team?

Auburn may travel well, and in spite of all of our documented problems with the GTAA, we did have more fans in the stands and it is our house.

Outside of one girl - yep - a girl, being a real jerk to my girlfriend, the Auburn fans were pretty cool today.

I saw a few Tech fans not acting like we should. More than the Auburn fans for sure. Of course we had a little better opportunity. I take it so personally when we lose, so I try to monitor myself (somewhat) when we win. I don't want to even see the other team's colors after we lose, much less have to talk to somebody.

That being said - anybody who sat, at all, in this game, outside of time outs, is not a football fan, regardless of which team. Unless you taunted that guy - screw him, he can stand.

Pity the War Pigeon! He didn't have anything to stand up about.

I agree with techfowl
"That being said - anybody who sat, at all, in this game, outside of time outs, is not a football fan, regardless of which team. "

Of course the whole topic gets me irritated. I am still mad from when two older GT alums went and got stadium police in Athens in 1990 to have us removed because we would not sit and stare at the standing backside of the folks in front of us. Fortunately, the police appreciated S Jones as much as we did and told them to stand up so they could see.

Funny, I didn't have a voice left after that win either.

Back