My sources say Ted Roof for DC

Discussion in 'Football' started by ContactBuzz, Jan 9, 2013.

1. JacketFan77

JacketFan77 Bokonon High Priest

Loc:
    High on a mountain top
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
  2. refrigeratormover

refrigeratormover Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Marietta, Ga
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    From what I understand whose close to Todd was that he worked very well with the hill. I don't know how many exceptions we get now but if he could somehow pull out 2 - 3 more then that would be great, Right? We need some big uglies up front on the DL and we might be on to something.

3. 05GTCorndog

05GTCorndog Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Your mom
    Team:
    Ramblin Wreck
    Reuben Houston? He was an entrepreneur, right?

4. etc79

etc79 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Your Mom's
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    And inter-state commerce. Would be a great hire...

5. Y Jacket

Y Jacket Flats Noob

Loc:
    Raleigh, NC
    Your 2 year comment regarding the contract is right. No way we can fire CPJ after next year. Year after it is difficult but possible given the contract structure (don't remember the exact numbers). Roof to some degree is along for the ride with CPJ. They need to make it work but if we tank with say a 4/5 win season year after next then no one will be worrying about whether Ted got a fair shake on recruiting or not.

Has anyone seen what Ted will be paid? I figure it is around $500K or maybe more? As a secondary issue just wondering if CPJ kicked in anything?

6. Y Jacket

Y Jacket Flats Noob

Loc:
    Raleigh, NC
    I think that is the range we are talking in. I actually agree with CPJ's comment that the depth is better now but we don't have the top 10 playmaker types we need. DL, BB and a couple of others that could easily fit in a 3 or so more exceptions per year structure. Not that we would be Alabama all of a sudden but positioned very well in the ACC.

Todd on this level and several others would be a very good hire.

7. gte878u

gte878u Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Nashville, TN
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Based on his record, I don't think anybody really knows whether he's going to be successful or not. It could go either way, so we're all trying to look into a crystal ball.

I'm going to give him a chance. I always assume that Tech grads are very good at their professions until they prove otherwise.