My sources say Ted Roof for DC

Auburn's D's were GT 2010-2012 bad in 2009 and 2010. However, UCF's D in 2011 was good, and PSU's D this past year was pretty good. So, who knows, maybe Chizik was more involved during the Auburn years.

Let me correct myself here. Looking at football outsiders, Auburn was in the 40's based on opponent adjusted D.

I'm on board with this hire. But then again, Ted played while I was at Tech, so I've been a fan for a while.

And he's had a great deal of success in the 14 years since he left Tech. I seriously don't understand the negativity about this.

Ditto.

If anyone judged my job performance today by using my job performance my first year doing this I'd be pretty ööööed.

Will this hire split folks the way the CPJ hire did? Stay tuned ...

We could have hired absolutely nobody and opted to field a defense where the players do whatever they want instead of being coached and it would split this crowd right down the middle.

Will this hire split folks the way the CPJ hire did? Stay tuned ...

it has too...those of us who remember him in 99 as a DC...remember. Some of the worst defensive efforts I have ever seen, to the point where GOL said he is taking over the D. Sound familiar?

Initial reaction at work

the-office-no.gif

"Solid record of beating UGA" = 1 good defensive performance and a 2-1 record because of the Jasper Sanks miracle?

Riiiiight.

Haha, had the same reaction.

it has too...those of us who remember him in 99 as a DC...remember. Some of the worst defensive efforts I have ever seen, to the point where GOL said he is taking over the D. Sound familiar?

Yeah, I was at a lot of those games, including some victories over our instate rival. He won the Broyles award in 2000. He has also had some impressive success in the 14 years since leaving Tech. Sound familiar?

Teddy Boy!!

This does seem like a weird dream but apparently CPJ likes him. That may add up to something. You do have to think he'll be much more seasoned this go round. Hope he puts together a killer staff and knocks it out of the park. Know this though. He understands what THWG is all about.

Yeah, I was at a lot of those games, including some victories over our instate rival. He won the Broyles award in 2000. He has also had some impressive success in the 14 years since leaving Tech. Sound familiar?

LOL.
he never won the broyles award.

Secondly, his D at auburn stunk. his D at minnesota, no good. His track record is no better than AL GROHs or Wommacks for that matter. His D here in 99 was so bad GOL publicly said he will coach it. Roof is an average at best coach and the fact he constantly jumps from team to team is evidence of that. Good coordinators don't have to get a job every 2 years.

unless he puts a very good asst staff together we are in trouble.

You guys do know that an Auburn offense that ran 80 to 100 plays a game puts an awful lot of pressure on a defense right? Just like when PJ gets asked about running a little up tempo on his office, his response has always been his biggest hesitation with that is the pressure it puts on the defense.

I am not sure I would judge his Auburn stint as a career ender. Oregon's defense isn't great because of the speed they run their offense either.

Back