My thoughts on BC game...

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that this will be a good football game between two very underrated team. Both returned a lot of starters from teams that either did (GT) or should have (BC) won their half of the ACC a year ago.

Our D Vs. Their O

Good for us.... 9 times out of 10 our defense is going to keep us in the game and give us a chance to win. The only teams that seem to give our D fits have option / misdirection and / or a mobile QB. BC has neither.

Bad for us.... Matt Ryan is the best QB we will likely see all year. Convential wisdom says that a smart, experienced QB should be able to take advantage of our blitzing D.

Good for us.... A year ago, a smart, experienced Brady Quinn could not put many points up against us with a better supporting cast than Matt Ryan has and I think this year's D is better than last years.

Bottomline.... BC was not a very good running team a year ago and I don't see them much improved so I don't see them beating us with the run. The big question is can we get to the QB before he beats us downfield. BC will have some big plays, but I don't see them scoring more than 21.

Our O Vs. Their D

Good for us.... BC has some key injuries on the D-line that should slow down and otherwise tough run defense.

Bad for us.... We will have to throw the ball to win. I just don't see us bulldozing our way down the field against BC like we did against ND or Samford. And be smart with ball, BC averaged just under 3 turnovers a game a year ago and already have 9 INTs.

Good for us.... BC runs a bend don't break style of D that gives up a lot of passing yards underneath. Bennett seems to be a very efficient QB that does a good job of checking down and is very accurate on his short to mid-range passes.

Bottomline.... How well can we run the ball? Although I think the primary focus of our offense this week is going to be spreading it out and getting the ball to our skill players in space, I think the success of the running game will dictate our success on offense. I don't see us rushing for 200+, but if we can get over 130-140 that should create enough balance in the offense so that Bennett can be successful in the passing game. If we get 150+ rushing and aren't spewing the ball over to BC, I don't see how we lose.

I think the average GT fan underestimates BC's defense because they are not familiar with it. This is the sort of game where Durrant Brooks could be a huge differencemaker for us.

Back