My View of O'Leary going to ND. Big mistake...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
My View of O\'Leary going to ND. Big mistake...

I don't think he'll be able to win enough to satisfy their fans. That's the bottom line. They accept nothing less than BCS berths and national championships. I just don't see how O'Leary can give them that. He'll give them 9 wins a season. They'll give him very little if any honeymoon. Just MHO.
He should have stayed at Tech.

Re: My View of O\'Leary going to ND. Big mistake...

I think you are right ... but, I also think that says alot about our expectations... (and I agree with you, win 9 a year at Tech and you will probably be OK)... I told my wife the other day that as long as Tech graduates players, plays competitively, beats GA as much as they lose to them, and wins an average of 8 games a year that I would be satisfied... I think most of the Tech supporters are this way.. but I sometimes wonder if we shouldnt expect more... Tech is a fine school, although limited in range of degrees offered, but we are talking of finding an average of 20 guys a year who can play football and be interested in a technology based education, that shouldnt be that difficult... Atlanta is the best city in the south, stadium renovations, tradition and history... I now wonder if we devalue all those things by settling for the average...

Re: My View of O\'Leary going to ND. Big mistake...

Something very impt will happen there with GO that he did not do here, and that is big name coordinators! It is shameful that he thought he could "get by" with lst timers at a program that was striving for top 10! ND won't allow that and neither should we have. Nothing against our OC and DC. Good guys, but not right timing. To me, that was the difference in being really big-time.
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif

Back