NC Schools Don't Know Geography!

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
NC Schools Don\'t Know Geography!

The excuse I've heard by NC, Dook and even NC State at one time was that the eastern schools BC and Syracuse were too far to travel for their teams, but Miami was okay.

Let's see:

Durham to Miami - 830.36 miles
Durham to Syracuse - 650.64 miles
Durhan to Boston - 750.35 miles

Didn't give you Chapel Hill or Winston/Salem because they are all about the same.

You know, it's all about spinning a tune here - VA and Maryland are closer to Boston and Syracuse, then Miami, FSU and GT - so let's throw this junk out the window. Proximity is an excuse for voting NO!

GT, FSU anc Clemson have the farthest to go north and they want expansion - what a bunch of spin!
shocked.gif
pat.gif

Re: NC Schools Don\'t Know Geography!

MsTA, glad to see you backing up your assesments with facts.

wink.gif

Add to that, the point I have seen made elsewhere:
this past year, Duke took its basketball team on a tour of England during school year. I think they could go to all 3 schools in the same year and not travel that far.
IF Duke, NC and/or UVA blow the expansion, they and the rest of the ACC will suffer big time.
First, the humiliation of starting expansion, fumbling the process, perception that Big East suit is scaring them off and then final failure of expansion will hurt ACC reputation for years.
Second, if they do not proceed, after all the effort of visits, discussions with the potential invitees, would you as a big time University ever listen to the ACC on expansion down the road. I'd tell them to forget it; I am not going to waste my time and then have you pull the rug out from under me. Third, the hostility within the Big East, within the ACC may end up bringing them both down.
If they do blow it, I think Duke and UNC would be better off in a conference that included schools like UNC-Charlotte, James Madison, NAVY. If they also took UVA, VT, then that would enable GT to be in a conference with Maryland, Clemson, FSU, BC, Syracuse, Miami, NC State, Wake Forrest, Pitt, UConn, WVU. You could have 2 divisions - Maryland and points north and Wake Forrest and points south. Or if they took Wake and State, the 2nd division could be UVA, VT and points south

Go get'um MsTA. Facts are facts. (And in case there are those who have noticed my sig for the first time today; and resent that I am chiming in on most things: I just got through with a 12 hour work session, sorry, I seriously hope I offend no one)
Anyhow...good going MsTA.....you have done the math!!!! That is what counts more than the emotions.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
Go get'um MsTA. Facts are facts. (And in case there are those who have noticed my sig for the first time today; and resent that I am chiming in on most things: I just got through with a 12 hour work session, sorry, I seriously hope I offend no one)
Anyhow...good going MsTA.....you have done the math!!!! That is what counts more than the emotions.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TechM: Doesn't matter when you post - just that you post. We're all GT here!
smile.gif

Back