NCAAT Seeding Thread

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
Currently projected as an 11 seed. We can use this thread to track teams around us and Small Conference results.

our two OOC warts are playing for NCAA tourney bids later today. Hopefully that helps us look prettier.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Palm has us as a 10 seed. A 10/11 is better than 8/9 imo

GTCrew4b

Palm has us as a 10 seed. A 10/11 is better than 8/9 imo
I feel like I’d rather be an 8/9 in Gonzaga’s region only. Not because I want to play them but because I think they will be easier early on as they get re-acclimated to their peak level against the elite teams they were showing early on. The goal is 6 after the ACCT.

jts1207

I feel like I’d rather be an 8/9 in Gonzaga’s region only. Not because I want to play them but because I think they will be easier early on as they get re-acclimated to their peak level against the elite teams they were showing early on. The goal is 6 after the ACCT.
I still think that’s jumping too many teams even if you win it

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Gonzaga is still undefeated? That should be a big story as we get into the tourney. Isn't Indiana 1976 the last unbeaten champion?

The Jacket

The Coat
Gonzaga is still undefeated? That should be a big story as we get into the tourney. Isn't Indiana 1976 the last unbeaten champion?
Yeah, I feel like this hasn't gotten as much attention as it should. I know it's a butinacovidyear but this is still a big deal and I've heard very little about it. I hope we draw them, I'd love our guys to be the ones who knock them off.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
That puts more pressure on them especially if they get behind in the second half of a game. A win over Gonzaga would generate some recruiting credibility.

GT3000

Flats Noob
Mercer and GA State both lost in their conference finals. There goes the

H. E. L. P
E
L
P

GTCrew4b

Rats. Ah well. I was gonna be happy when the only non tournament team we lost to was Duke.

it’s cool. Now we’ll be the only GA team in the dance I think.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
There’s no way the ACCT champion will be lower than a 6 if it’s one of the top 4 teams. That’s literally barely top 25.
Top 25 has very little bearing on anything. Some years back SMU was ranked #24 in the country and got left out because of a weak non-conference schedule. I want Tech to get ranked because it’s been since the Derrick Favors team, but that’s it. Seeding is going to be stranger than ever this year. Teams expecting 5s might be 8s, and teams expecting 11s might be 6s.

GTCrew4b

Top 25 has very little bearing on anything. Some years back SMU was ranked #24 in the country and got left out because of a weak non-conference schedule. I want Tech to get ranked because it’s been since the Derrick Favors team, but that’s it. Seeding is going to be stranger than ever this year. Teams expecting 5s might be 8s, and teams expecting 11s might be 6s.
I understand that for mid-major ranked teams it is different but by and large if we win the ACCT we will have a top 20 computer rating, be ACC Champs with a 14-6 record, and have OOC wins against Power 5 opponents. We would likely beat UNC or FSU in the championship and Clemson or UVA on the way there. 3 more QUAD 1 wins which would bring us closer to. 500 in that category. It would be crazy for us not to be around a 6 seed. Especially considering what would be happening to our likely competition in their tournaments.

GTCrew4b

I watched the Gonzaga BYU game yesterday. Down by double digits at the half they won by double digits. They look pretty legit to my eye.
I determined this on the opening weekend of the season. That Gonzaga - Kansas game was ridiculous basketball.

jts1207

For me Gonzaga and Baylor are on a different level than everyone else

THWUGA

Dodd-Like
Gonzaga is the only elite team in the entire bracket. I get wanting a marquis matchup at some point but I’d rather our guys get a few more cracks at wins. (And no, I’m not negative on this team, I just watched a lot of games this year.)