NCAAT Seeding Thread

taxjacket

Varsity Lurker
We’re a filler team. They expanded it because legit teams were getting screwed out of a spot. There’s no legit ACC team this year. The days of the ACC being the end all be all of college basketball are so long gone. The fact that in 2021 GT and FSU played a championship game in basketball and not football would of perplexed everybody from 2000 to levels they can’t comprehend.
We got an automatic bid, by definition that's not a filler team..... What a dumb take

georgia_tech_swagger

Jolly Good Fellow
listen to bark madley

Wuhhhhhhhhhh...

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a land slide.
No escape from reality.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
We’re a filler team. They expanded it because legit teams were getting screwed out of a spot. There’s no legit ACC team this year. The days of the ACC being the end all be all of college basketball are so long gone. The fact that in 2021 GT and FSU played a championship game in basketball and not football would of perplexed everybody from 2000 to levels they can’t comprehend.
Literally have the defending NCAAT champion in our conference.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Just because you aren't drunk doesn't mean you aren't a dumbass.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I think we got a raw deal. This is the lowest seed of a #4 ACC team that has won the tournament. This can be argued all day long. I am tired of all the pundits who claim this is all based on reliable, unbiased metrics. This year there is a smaller sample of inter-conference play than ever before. Four of the best eight in America are in the Big 10 according to NET, the top eight in SOS all Big 10. There is some circular logic going on there. We get a 9 seed to play a team with a 10 NET ranking. If their strength of schedule us so bad, then how can their NET be so high?

Deciding Colgate has the 9th highest NET but is seeded lower because of SOS is not science nor math. Opinion is factored in.

What I really believe is that interest in bracketology, a subjective art, not an objective science, causes these projections to come out in January. Teams move up and down incrementally. So, the earliest release of these projections influences things more than it should. It is exactly what we complain about in football when UGA is always rated high at the first release and then when the Gators or Bama beat them they only fall a little. A team that may be undefeated but devalued and starts out 15 will never make it the top.

I am not objective nor unbiased. I argue for Georgia Tech. I think we are undervalued. Our early first losses and tough start in the conference led to our being way down in these rankings early. But, given the whole body of work this season, we are better than we are credited.

The Jacket

The Coat
I think we got a raw deal. This is the lowest seed of a #4 ACC team that has won the tournament. This can be argued all day long. I am tired of all the pundits who claim this is all based on reliable, unbiased metrics. This year there is a smaller sample of inter-conference play than ever before. Four of the best eight in America are in the Big 10 according to NET, the top eight in SOS all Big 10. There is some circular logic going on there. We get a 9 seed to play a team with a 10 NET ranking. If their strength of schedule us so bad, then how can their NET be so high?

Deciding Colgate has the 9th highest NET but is seeded lower because of SOS is not science nor math. Opinion is factored in.

What I really believe is that interest in bracketology, a subjective art, not an objective science, causes these projections to come out in January. Teams move up and down incrementally. So, the earliest release of these projections influences things more than it should. It is exactly what we complain about in football when UGA is always rated high at the first release and then when the Gators or Bama beat them they only fall a little. A team that may be undefeated but devalued and starts out 15 will never make it the top.

I am not objective nor unbiased. I argue for Georgia Tech. I think we are undervalued. Our early first losses and tough start in the conference led to our being way down in these rankings early. But, given the whole body of work this season, we are better than we are credited.
Sums up my feelings pretty much exactly. The whining about the criticisms being raised about the selection is silly. There's nothing wrong with raising valid questions about why we got the draw we did. The selection committee is a fallible body and they get things wrong. Watching over time, there are biases and trends which seem to become apparent, and every year some teams suffer over them.

There are days left before our first game and everybody who cheers for Tech is excited and grateful to be in the tournament. That doesn't mean we can't also criticize the fact that we were underappreciated for what the team turned the season into. We'll win anyway and prove them wrong, and I'm looking forward to it.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Enjoy watching whoever win. It won’t be us. I reread my post to make sure I wasn’t a total ööööing drunken retard posting öööö and the only thing I think might be wrong is there is no ACC team worthy of the tournament.
Are you sure that you came to the correct conclusion there?

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy