NCAAT Seeding Thread

18in32

Petard Hoister
Enjoy watching whoever win. It won’t be us.
Wow, bold and insightful prediction right there.

What a goober.
I reread my post to make sure I wasn’t a total ööööing drunken retard posting öööö and the only thing I think might be wrong is there is no ACC team worthy of the tournament.
As for whether any ACC team "deserves" to be in the bracket, UVA has been ranked in every single poll all year, once as high as #4, and was Top 10 as recently as mid-February. Technically they're still the defending national champion. And both UVA and FSU are #4 seeds, and it's actually pretty common for teams at that level to push deep into the tournament. In the past twenty years, 22 teams seeded 4th or lower have made the Final Four – so roughly one per year.

To say no ACC team is 'worthy' of the tournament just means you think the NCAA should run this tournament on a completely different basis than they do. More power to you. But in a field of 64, the ACC has plenty of teams that belong, and several teams that have a better than de minimis chance of knocking off higher seeds and/or making it to the Final Four.

79tech

Flats Noob
I don't get too excited about seeding because it is so subjective. However, Loyola has beaten no one yet is seeded higher than us. Clemson shouldn't be seeded higher than us nor should UNC.. However both did beat some high quality teams. Loyola has not. Whatever.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
I heard the reason the selection show didn't have a camera on our team was that Pastner had each player placed in separate vacuum sealed bags.
We’ve also been together in a hotel resort for an entire week. The guys earned some time alone. Just my guess though.

rghoae

Flats Noob
Again with the corruption. Boeheim is a hall of famer and a legend. And in the northeast where ESPN lives,. Who the F@)k coaches Louisville again? Don't kid tourself - if we didn't win the ACC, that could have been us.
Yes, these decisions are clearly being made by ESPN. Considering that Turner, based in Atlanta, is half the broadcasting duo, I guess your logic clearly means that Tech is way overseeded and probably shouldn’t even have been in the tourney.
Which has absolutely no broadcasting rights at all.
WTF is up with this nonsense

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
Enjoy watching whoever win. It won’t be us. I reread my post to make sure I wasn’t a total ööööing drunken retard posting öööö and the only thing I think might be wrong is there is no ACC team worthy of the tournament.
You have to be the dumbest poster on this site, hands down.

bonham

Dodd-Like
I don't get too excited about seeding because it is so subjective. However, Loyola has beaten no one yet is seeded higher than us. Clemson shouldn't be seeded higher than us nor should UNC.. However both did beat some high quality teams. Loyola has not. Whatever.
clemson has some nice OOC wins while we öööö the bed our first two games. I think it’s fair to put them a few seeds above us.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
flipping around, catching some of CBS Sports Network's selection show.
Some gas bag I've never seen before said Loyola-Chicago was under seeded. Said they should beat us.
I hope that clip is shown over and over in the Tech locker room for the next five days.
As has been pointed out ITT, their NET ranking is 10th or something. That should “net” them a 3 seed.

GTRules

Dodd-Like
Talking to some Illi fans right now, they are ööööing horrified.
Why are they horrified? I have it on good authority our team is pathetic, since we lost to two bad teams to start the year, and our coach is a clown who needs to be fired immediately.

GTRules

Dodd-Like
We’re a filler team. They expanded it because legit teams were getting screwed out of a spot. There’s no legit ACC team this year. The days of the ACC being the end all be all of college basketball are so long gone. The fact that in 2021 GT and FSU played a championship game in basketball and not football would of perplexed everybody from 2000 to levels they can’t comprehend.
Cool troll, bro.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
As has been pointed out ITT, their NET ranking is 10th or something. That should “net” them a 3 seed.
And Colgate’s NET ranking is #9. They basically played Army and Boston University, and like Loyola, beat absolutely nobody. Should Colgate have been a #3 seed as well?

Are Arkansas fans pissing in their pants at the thought of playing Colgate like some of you fairies are?

G776T

Not pastor material.
Not practicing as a team to avoid COVID... I think I remember that working out not so well for someone, but can't remember who.
Yes, ill be picking against them, which means they are probably a lock for the sweet 16 at minimum.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
And Colgate’s NET ranking is #9. They basically played Army and Boston University, and like Loyola, beat absolutely nobody. Should Colgate have been a #3 seed as well?

Are Arkansas fans pissing in their pants at the thought of playing Colgate like some of you fairies are?
I’m just calling BS on the whole NET ranking thing. It is an example of them having leeway, but choosing to not use it in our case, when we are clearly playing better than our ranking.

No biggie, let’s lace ‘em up and hit the court.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I’m just calling BS on the whole NET ranking thing. It is an example of them having leeway, but choosing to not use it in our case, when we are clearly playing better than our ranking.

No biggie, let’s lace ‘em up and hit the court.
This. And the other thing that is pissing me off is that basketball committee uses the exact opposite of football committee when seating the playoff. Football is always like “we can excuse an early season loss by an sec power for reasons - it’s really who the best teams are at selection time” and basketball is like “oh you lost two early season games? Get ööööed”