NCST thread (talking about Bob Stoops@NCST)

There is a pretty accurate parrallel to draw here, imo.

When FSU went down temporarily, it was right after Amato and Richt left.
Amato looked like a genius early on at NCSU,...and then Chow left.

Now, other than Jeff Bowden, Mr. Dadgummitt is restocking his assistants, especially on D still under Mickey Andrews.
Richt seems to understand the value of high caliber assistants as well. At least I was hoping for a big defensive drop off when Van Gorder left Athens, but apparantly (is it Martinez?) is more than capable.

Maybe constant recruiting should not be limited to players only.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol2.gif
hit.gif

Boy, did NC State looked bad against Clempson last night losing 31-10. Can't believe we lost to 'em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2333971_80X60.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol2.gif
hit.gif

Boy, did NC State looked bad against Clempson last night losing 31-10. Can't believe we lost to 'em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2333971_80X60.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually...NCState's first half against Clemson was no different than their second half against us...we picked them apart and had nearly 500 total yards of offense.
We only had three problems:
1) took us too long to crank up...but in reality it did require half-time adjustments to help Reggie
2) our All-American candidate kicker has a sore groin muscle and missed two chip shots
3)NCState made two great plays...and only two plays that were better than average...in the entire second half. One for a 80-yd TD...and one that caused our All-American receiver to drop a ball into their hands.

Thanks for the interesting link, LawBee. But am I reading it right? NCState beats GT, and yet they think they need a new coach? We lose to them, and we think we're fine with what we have? They must not be happy with losing to Miami, VT, and teams like that.

with that logic....

how bout we beat SEC champ Auburn so we definitely should be happy w/ our coach b/c Auburn beat Ugag, Alabama, and VT.

So relax you should feel better now.

Re: with that logic....

how bout we beat SEC champ Auburn so we definitely should be happy w/ our coach b/c Auburn beat Ugag, Alabama, and VT.

We should be happy if we lived in the past ?? But we also palyed VT and UGaG. So who else is happy with 1 out of 3 ?

[ QUOTE ]

So relax you should feel better now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its also about playing well and winning against an Auburn type (uga) toward the end of the year.

I certainly think that lack of depth is a huge factor in our regression the last few years, and I guess we won't know how much longer depth will be an excuse/reason until the NCAA spits out their decision in the next few weeks, right? I'm serious.

I remember the year under Curry we beat Bama to open the season, then lost the rest of the way. But since we beat Bama, we all thought we had a great year, right? Geeze.

Back