ND returning starters

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
Anyone know where you can check out this info. I did a little searching but came up with zilch. Anyone got a good link?

I didn't read the Techsox writeup, but I did some looking:

ND loses 5 offense starters and 3 subs from the Fiesta Bowl.
lose 4 defense starters and 1 sub that played the FB.
lose their punter and p kicker, same guy.

Bring back 5 rising Srs on offense, and 2 Sr subs.
Bring back 5 rising Srs on defense, and 2 Jr subs.

3 of their offense were drafted last week, TE, WR and an OG. No defense players.

This is rather contrary to Tech's draft (2 defense and 1 offense).

They lose a little more Sr wise than they bring back, but they do have 10 of 24 rising seniors. They need 2 new kickers.
They lose 4 O linemen, and have 1 coming back that played in the F Bowl. OL is the greenest area (Sort of like Tech last year).
I believe ND and Quinn will miss Maurice Stovall. We'll see how Quinn and Samardzija does without Stovall.

ND has several good people comming back along with reloads, but they will have some holes when it comes to protecting Quinn.
Tech needs to stop Darius Walker.

I think they lost 1 true starter on the OL, but they have a couple of backups that saw a lot of time (supposedly). Kinda strengthens the arguements for cupcakes in terms of the future and depth building, but that's for another day...

They have a WR who was supposed to start last year instead of Smasdhjglalri named McKnight who was injured, and will be returning to play.

Protection for Reggie will be important, so he has enough time to pick apart the secondary for ND, which is a weakness they have. On the other side, we need to get pressure on Quinn so he doesn't do the same to us. I think our new secondary will probably be an improvement in pass coverage, but a loss in run support, but I haven't seen any practice, I'm just going off what I saw in games last year.

I have not checked it out myself, but a Notre Dame associate of mine said their roster on their website makes it hard to tell, because they list their "year" as their academic year and not their athletic year. So, a senior could have another year left.

He did say the entire OL, except one, plus Quinn, will be back.

ND will be ranked #1 or #2 in all polls and Quinn will be the leading candidate for the Heisman.

So you are saying they lost 2 OL's, their right guard and right tackle, including their backups. That is good.

I wonder if they have another player sliding into one of those positions that got significant PT, hence their constant mentioning of only losing one starter on the OL.

I find it amazing that a school with all the built in advantages that ND has, that they are very sly about who is and is not coming back. It also sounds like they bring back 5th year Seniors when they want to and don't when they don't.

Back