Need help on announcer's name

techsamillion

Flats Noob
Need help on announcer\'s name

I have something that has been bugging me for awhile. I seem to remember that before our late and greatly loved Al Ciraldo was the play by play announcer that he served as a color commentator to another Tech announcer. The best I remember, the announcer was very good and I enjoyed his work immensely!! The last I heard (it seems) several years back he was doing high school games around Jonesboro???? Anyone have the name and other information about him? Thanks.

Re: Need help on announcer\'s name

Yes, belly, thanks so much. Do you know what ever happened to him?

Sorry, I don't.
He was a great announcer, excellent voice.

He was doing the football and basketball games for Campbell & Wills High Schools during the 1980's for the local radio station, as well as a local access cable TV sports show in Smyrna. His sign-off catch phrase was "Keep your eye on the ball."

Unfortunately, I believe passed away a few years ago.

Thanks moose, I really appreciate that information. As belly said, he had an excellent radio voice. I wonder what happened to cause him to have his Tech alliances broken. He was one of the great ones in my opinion!!!

Didn't Jack move on to become the first radio voice of the Falcons on WQXI? You are right in stating he was a great announcer especially for GT.

cool.gif

You are right that Jack Hurst was a onetime Tech announcer and was the first Falcons play-by-play man. Unfortunately, he passed away sometime in the last few years.

As did Al, Jack had a great voice and made the games sound even more exciting than they really were.

Back