New $89 Tix Package?

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would GT include UGAG in this package?????? Couldn't they have asked existing season tix holders if they wanted additional tix for GAG??? I know I would have bought 3-4 in a heartbeat! Why didn't they just make it a (2) game pkg?

I can't believe that out of 21k+ season tix sold to our fans that WE WOULDN'T SWOOP up those tix for THAT GAME? These tix go on sale 7/1 - I'm going to buy a couple of packages but this is crazy how this was set-up. Anybody know if this could be changed - I think it should and soon!
mad.gif

Just another illogical swipe at the TECH fan base... yesterday they move UGag to upper deck and I applaud... today this ticket package...
Please answer me this...
Just who exactly is this package supposed to attract??? I've given my money to the ticket office and had my seats moved and now at a discount they are offering the UGag game in a package???... The folks in the Athletic marketing department have got to be the biggest set of buffoons I've had to deal with in eons...
Am I understanding this correctly??? If so the only way I will buy seasons tickets next year is if the Jackets win the ACC...
Someone has got to put a stop to this poor treatment we as a fan base are receiving from our own...

You are SO RIGHT Ms TechAnalysis! We see where they put the opposition in the "correct" seats as they have done to us and they whine, whine, whine! Then the (expletive deletives) at the ticket office come up with this absolute stupid idea of a three game package that includes UgaG! How absolutely ludicrous! Maybe if they sat down and "thought" about how to "market" Tech and its' football traditions and to INCLUDE its' fan base and alumni, we, as a collective group, could have/would have purchased those extra tickets to the UgaG game and not offer them a sweet deal to leghumpers. Sometimes (and most times) the GTAA just does not get it! What is wrong internally?

TOTAL FIASCO!!!! ATTENDANCE SCORE: GA> TECH # FANS- # 30,000 GA DAWGS FANS_ 25000!!!

REVISION: After talking with my Ga Dawg grad and Dawg season tkt holder son in law; I revise the numbers to Tech fans- 26000- Ga Dawg fans 29000. He has made the case that the pkg WILL BE SNAPPED UP QUICKLY by the Dawgs!!

Originally posted by techrod:
REVISION: After talking with my Ga Dawg grad and Dawg season tkt holder son in law; I revise the numbers to Tech fans- 26000- Ga Dawg fans 29000. He has made the case that the pkg WILL BE SNAPPED UP QUICKLY by the Dawgs!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Alot of Tech people, who don't buy season tix, will
buy that $89 package.

Don't let the Mutts convince you that they are the
only ones who are going to buy them.

Your best bet is to make sure your GT friends wear
the right colors to the game, so the red and black
doesn't look prevalent.

Crackerjacket: The whole idea here is that UGAG even has this opportunity! Why in the world would GT even ALLOW AN OPPORTUNITY? This season is already in question with a lot of other stuff -if I'm going to go to the home games and support my team under adverse circumstances - I sure the heck don't want the enemy to be given ANY OPPORTUNITY TO FILL THOSE SEATS!

Sorry, but this one really takes the cake! I would have done this totally different. Even if they want to sell the package - make it open for July and August to season tix holders only first -open to the general public later. Or, make the UGAG game open for purchase by Tech Season Tix Holders only and let the NC and Maryland game be the package.

In 2001 UGAG DID THIS and they bought the whole season tix package - 6 games and THEY WERE ALL THERE IN THE RED AND BLACK ... WAY TOO MANY! Like I said in the previous post - this game like any other game at BDS needs Tech fans in the stands and we need to out number THE VISITORS! Those who work internally and make these decisions are not honing in on the final outcome here. I'm not a marketing manager or a ticket manager but I know I could come up with ways to make sure OUR FAN BASE GETS FIRST DIBS AND I SELL THESE TO THEM.

I know I'm calling the ticket office on Monday and asking why? We as the home team in this need to make the visitor feel like the visitor and give our team every possible chance on the field TO WIN- this DOES NOT HELP!

Isn't the Ticket Office a part of the AA and that means that Dave Braine had to have signed off on this - how can he or anyone there make this mistake???? I'm baffled by this!

I've come to the conclusion that "real Tech fans/alums" need to be working in those offices that have the authority and can create and make good decisions for our teams when it comes to game day.

I'm sending an email on Monday as well as calling - I really hope some other fans do the same ... maybe we can get them to change this procedures and have them get to Season Tix Holders first!
confused.gif

BOTTOM LINE: GTAA does not see Gold and White. They only see green. They do not care about you, or me, or any other season ticket holder. They have proven this time and time again. If they think that a plan of minimal effort and maximum profit will generate just one more dollar, they will shaft every Tech fan to get that dollar.
BOO

MTS,

I don't like it either. I wish we sold enough
season tickets that we had to turn people away.
But we don't. So we end up with tickets that
need to be sold because of basic bottom line
economic issues. These are tickets above and
beyond the actual visitor allotment.

More blame lies on GT alums who don't buy tickets
than the GTAA or ticket office IMHO...

So...what can we do?

Well...I helped create a new first year season
ticket buyer this season. And I'll make sure all
the folks in our block are wearing the right colors.
And I'll probably buy a few of those $89 packages
to keep them in GT hands.

That's what I personally can do.

What are you going to do to help out?

Actions speak louder than words.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
MTS,

I don't like it either. I wish we sold enough
season tickets that we had to turn people away.
But we don't. So we end up with tickets that
need to be sold because of basic bottom line
economic issues. These are tickets above and
beyond the actual visitor allotment.

More blame lies on GT alums who don't buy tickets
than the GTAA or ticket office IMHO...

So...what can we do?

Well...I helped create a new first year season
ticket buyer this season. And I'll make sure all
the folks in our block are wearing the right colors.
And I'll probably buy a few of those $89 packages
to keep them in GT hands.

That's what I personally can do.

What are you going to do to help out?

Actions speak louder than words.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bought (2) $89 packages yesterday - but that's not the issue here. The issues is letting us know what's going on - make us aware so we can buy single games tix before you package anything, especially UGAG!

I believe we could sellout UGAG just by us (season tix holders) buying them as extra tix and bringing friends. I could have brought up to 6 more people to that game all wearing gold and white, instead I can only buy two packages - single mom you know.

The alum base is not in the metro area - get to your core diehards who are, you me and quite a few others. The process is what I don't like - why not wait till 8/1/03 and get the word out to us about what's going on, see what you can sell to us first without packaging - then sell to the general public?

Lots of different ways to get some additional seats into the hands of us the fans - by the way CONGRATULATIONS! I'm too old to go that route anymore!
smile.gif
Home field advantage is something every fan looks forward to - this makes it tough!

While I understand your issues with the mini pack offered and the games they include. I personally benefit from these types of packages. I am working during most of the schedule and therefore passed on season tickets that I couldn't use. As it turns out though, I am scheduled to be off for two of the games offered in the mini-pack, UGAG and Maryland. This is a great deal for me and I hope that I won't be treated like a second class citizen for taking advantage of a Golden opportunity to cheer for the Jackets!!!

Originally posted by widgetbuzz:
While I understand your issues with the mini pack offered and the games they include. I personally benefit from these types of packages. I am working during most of the schedule and therefore passed on season tickets that I couldn't use. As it turns out though, I am scheduled to be off for two of the games offered in the mini-pack, UGAG and Maryland. This is a great deal for me and I hope that I won't be treated like a second class citizen for taking advantage of a Golden opportunity to cheer for the Jackets!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Glad they helped you a TECH fan - my concern is all the others!

Back