New Game-day Shirt

2ndgenjacket

Varsity Lurker
I need a new game-day shirt-I do not get to go to every game but when I do, I want good karma on at kickoff. This goes for tv games as well.

Last year's polo shirt (yellow with blue GT and blue accent stripes) began with a flourish when it began the season undefeated and beat my wife's alma mater for the first time since we were dating. Unfortunately this shirt was forced into early retirement into the recesses of the closet after suffering amongst family in law through the Clemson debacle.

The first game I will get to see is Clemson- without degenerating into the proper shade of yellow/gold, is the GT bookstore Vegas Gold a decent shirt? I prefer a polo shirt with a GT but don't really like the orangey or mustard colors-I'd lean more towards the brighter side of yellow if given the choice between those colors. Any advice or lucky shirts out there?

If you have to do it over the phone, the GT B&N Bookstore has a great Ashworth shirt. The yellow is a good looking shirt and has a blue GT on the chest.

There is also a yellow Hilfiger with blue horizontal stripes. I like both of them and own both of them. They are a good looking yellow as yellow goes - not canary yellow.

There are some good looking blue and blue striped shirts for your golf games or business trips, but if you wear those to a game, you'll get a pop-knot.

My game day shirt last year was a "gear" name brand that is like a Tommy Bahama knockoff. It's gold'ish', loose fitting and made not to be tucked in. Very light weight, but not silk (80% Rayon, 20% Poly), with a gold GT on the chest. I don't like or buy any of the other button down shirts with GT logos but I love this shirt - in fact bought a back up of the same when it came out again this year.

I wear an XL in all my golf shirts, and an L in my button down shirts (specifically a 16/34 dress shirt and a 42 Long suit jacket for a reference) and I had to get a medium in this shirt. It runs pretty big. For reference, I am at the end of the medium spectrum. Any larger than my sizes and you need a large. I wore a large all last year and many people had shirt envy, but the medium fits me much better.

It's a color between gold and yellow and would be a great color for all of our guys to look in the stands and see this year. You can tell I love this shirt and want everybody to have one for game day. I've already had a couple of friends hop to the shop after seeing it.

Next idea. Any decent embroidery shop can put a GT logo on one of your shirts. As long as you don't try to mass produce or resell the shirts it shouldn't be an issue. You can get the shirt you want anywhere and just get the logo on it for $25 or less. Probably $10 or less. Or just get a decent color without a logo. The guys won't see logos from the field - just colorful blobs.

Sorry about all the detail, but I saw your location and thought you may be doing all of this over the phone, and wanted you to get the size right. Those are my suggestions.

TF

The Robbery also has a solid white polo w/ a large , bold, gold GT on the left breast that I really liked. The gold is fairly true to being 'old gold', maybe just a touch brighter, only $30 if I remember correctly.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Value City on 41 in Cobb has good looking Starter GT baseball type jerseys for $10 (as well as several other colleges). I picked one up Friday. Correct shade of gold (by my eyes) with Georgia Tech in blue script sewn across the front, GT on the sleeve. Love finding something that ain't yellow or washed out faded looking, but gold. They also have the same thing in white. Small 03 (like a baseball #) on the front means they are probably from last year. Tons of them there for all schools, must of just come in. I'd check it out, they're nicer than a lot of the bookstore stuff.

Also still have the GT tailgating chairs in the back corner.

T-fowl: Thanks for the reply- the Ashworth shirt sounds like just what what I need and can use it on the golf course as well.

We normally have a good turnout at Clemson and here's hoping this shirt will be undefeated after that game.

Back