New GT Fundraising Initiative - GTFAM

If only we could get the deceased alumni motivated to come off some greenbacks...
tenor.gif

A bunch of deadbeats, amirite?

We are now just shy of $120k.

Supposedly, we got a shout out at the latest GT Athletic Association board meeting. That’s pretty darn cool!

Thank you to those that have contributed and shared this with your network. For those that haven’t yet, please consider doing so. Feel free to ask me any questions (reply here or PM).

Go Jackets!

Is there a way to earmark a donation for the lawsuit against the NCAA?

Can you earmark a portion of the lawsuit to appeal the travesty of justice of having to vacate the 2009 ACC championship?

Just added a new video from one of the coaches to the site.

We also just crossed over $130k. Thank you to those that have contributed!

For those that haven’t:

Please consider doing what you can to help take this program that we love to the next level.

Our competition isn’t slowing down. They are all raising money, too, and they’re doing quite well at it. Wake Forest raised $300 million for Athletics. Wake Forest! UNC just got a $15 million pledge for football. I’m not expecting UGA level, but we can’t let WF and UNC leave us in the dust.

And we can’t just sit back and wait for some big money donor to save us. There are enough of us on this board alone that, if we all just did the $50/month level (we all easily spend that every month on frivolous stuff, let alone something we deeply care about), it would easily surpass $1,000,000. That’s very meaningful money that will help us do some of the things we wish for on here (recruiting staff, facilities improvements, etc.).

Check out the video from one of our coaches and make your contribution here:

https://swarmnation.atfund.org/campaigns/gtfam

Go Jackets!

Reading between the lines: Edge the last thing remaining to close out AI2020. Due to quirks in how fans choose the spend the money themselves AI2020 will end up coming in something like $20-60m maybe more OVER the target fundraising goal, but this is money that is allocated to specific places and we cannot reroute it. If you could kindly help us find that last missing $10m for Edge, even if it is in pledged future monthly donations, so we can claim that $10m match and wrap this up, we'd appreciate it.

Reading between the lines: Edge the last thing remaining to close out AI2020. Due to quirks in how fans choose the spend the money themselves AI2020 will end up coming in something like $20-60m maybe more OVER the target fundraising goal, but this is money that is allocated to specific places and we cannot reroute it. If you could kindly help us find that last missing $10m for Edge, even if it is in pledged future monthly donations, so we can claim that $10m match and wrap this up, we'd appreciate it.

Currently, the contributions made through GTFAM are going specifically for the new Edge Building. We believe it’s the single most important and impactful effort to support at this present time.

The last figure I heard was that about 4 million is left to be raised, and then they can pull the trigger on construction drawings and putting shovels in dirt. I want that to happen as soon as possible. If you give by June, you’ll get the benefit of the match, doubling your donation.

Currently, the contributions made through GTFAM are going specifically for the new Edge Building. We believe it’s the single most important and impactful effort to support at this present time.

The last figure I heard was that about 4 million is left to be raised, and then they can pull the trigger on construction drawings and putting shovels in dirt. I want that to happen as soon as possible. If you give by June, you’ll get the benefit of the match, doubling your donation.
Is the new Edge Center going to be something we can actually visit pregame now or they gonna keep it locked up like it has been for about the past decade?

Is the new Edge Center going to be something we can actually visit pregame now or they gonna keep it locked up like it has been for about the past decade?

From what I’ve been told: The very early conceptual (they haven’t gone to full design yet) is for the new Edge to interact with street level on a much nicer and better scale.

They do allow people to visit the museum area now, but it is often closed for recruiting visits and/or donor functions, so not always available.

From what I’ve been told: The very early conceptual (they haven’t gone to full design yet) is for the new Edge to interact with street level on a much nicer and better scale.

They do allow people to visit the museum area now, but it is often closed for recruiting visits and/or donor functions, so not always available.
It has been locked every time I have checked over the past decade. Sometimes, they will have a sign or something indicating opening an hour before kickoff, which is pathetic.
I suppose us poor slob SPSU donors can just look at and marvel at how nice the outside of the building is.

It says we’ve raised 6 million over the goal already. Just need more to go to the Edge building it looks like

It has been locked every time I have checked over the past decade. Sometimes, they will have a sign or something indicating opening an hour before kickoff, which is pathetic.
I suppose us poor slob SPSU donors can just look at and marvel at how nice the outside of the building is.

I believe that is something they want the new design to be able to accommodate better.

Remember, the Edge was designed and built in 1980-81.

Back