Newberry and Scott

techrod

Flats Noob
I am in the grand land of surf and sand-Daytona Beach. I talked on the phone with Steve Master the hi school beat writer for the Daytona News Journal. He told me Kenny Scott and Leshown Newberry are good friends and that Leshown was going to try to recruit Kenny to Tech. It does seem that its between us and FSU. I believe fsu gets his visit this weekend. Bythe way Mr. Master is very hi on Leshown! Says he is VERY strong and for his size very quick. A great young man. Kenny Scot in my mind would be the biggest name recruit if he commits to us since Ken Swilling! imo.

that's cool techrod .. hope you're enjoying ur time down in florida

reshaun grant is another big time prospect that committed to Tech this year over many other premium football schools.

he had offers from miami, florida, notre dame, north carolina and northwestern.

LINK: Grant

Love the fact that his name is Grant cause when he runs, breaking tackles and scoring TDs, Grant Feild will literally be his field! Here's to hoping that he has a historic time at the flats

newberry on the other hand had an offer only from vanderbilt besides us .. but that doesn't matter
smile.gif

LINK: Newberry

Thanks for the info techrod, especially since you're on a "fun in the sun" trip. Hope you're having a great time.

Glad to hear Newberry and Scott are buddies.

We're coming down the home stretch of recruiting. GO JACKETS!

To me Scott and Grant are very close in their offers Maybe Scot has a little Iguess I need to check my offer sheets pretty closely. If we get both of em that would imo be the 2 biggest recruits in any one year if not each one being the most heavily recruited in yhe last 20 or 30 years. I wish someone could supply us with K. Swillings offers. I believe he would be the only competition for that honor. D. Smith was also about that heavily recruited.

Thanks for that great information techrod keep it comming.NO HARD FEELINGS ABOUT THAT OTHER TOPIC RIGHT. Have a great time in FLA my friend!

Thanks Tommie, good to hear from you! By the way Dunlap (sp} is a good pick up. A player that catches 38 passes on a poor team has got to have ability. He is not offered by the big programs, but I think with his size, speed, and stats he is good enough for us.

Originally posted by techrod:
Thanks Tommie, good to hear from you! By the way Dunlap (sp} is a good pick up. A player that catches 38 passes on a poor team has got to have ability. He is not offered by the big programs, but I think with his size, speed, and stats he is good enough for us.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">His TD's per touches shows he's a playmaker. That stood out when I saw his stats.

Good points techrod.

GTT, you're right about the ypc thats kind of what I meant about his speed. This is the kind of out of state recruit who you don't know much about, but just might surprise ala Nate Curry. Not that fast but good hands with some speed.

Back