News around ACC LAND for Thursday (6/19/03)

At Auburn, the War Eagle pre-game flight tradition is in a stall, due to an illness that killed 11 birds of prey at the university's Raptor Center.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Anyone know if Auburn takes these diseased mascots on the road with them?

I think so...

I went to a Tennessee game a few years ago and an eagle flew down from the top of Neyland. For the life of me though, I can't remember whether they were playing Auburn or someone else (and just happened to have an eagle fly down there for some reason).

By the way, that stadium is one that everyone should see a game in. I hate the town, I hate the team, but that stadium is something. I had the priviledge of dating a wonderful girl that went there and I saw games against Notre Dame, Florida, UGAg and others (maybe Auburn???). It's really something.

Originally posted by THWUGA:
I think so...

I went to a Tennessee game a few years ago and an eagle flew down from the top of Neyland. For the life of me though, I can't remember whether they were playing Auburn or someone else (and just happened to have an eagle fly down there for some reason).

By the way, that stadium is one that everyone should see a game in. I hate the town, I hate the team, but that stadium is something. I had the priviledge of dating a wonderful girl that went there and I saw games against Notre Dame, Florida, UGAg and others (maybe Auburn???). It's really something.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've seen Neyland from the outside. But I absolutely despise the Volunteers. Around here ( N.W.Georgia) college football fans either love or hate Tennessee. Never had the urge to go there and won't till the day my beloved Yellow Jackets are reintroducing themselves to the Teflon Vols inside it.

If our seating was designed like Tennessee's we could fit about 80,000 in BDS. You have about 4 inches to sit on, your knees poke into the person in front of you and the person behind you has his knees in you. That being said, UGAg and Tech are outnumbered by Vols fans in NGA for some reason. Let's put 'em on the schedule and go whoop 'em.

I'd say UGA and TECH well outnumber the Vowels...lets don't get carried away. I've seen their stadium from the outside as well. It's a huge erector set. Not very attractive at all. The river scene is impressive though. Really and truly, each school has something very special to offer. SEC and ACC schools generally have beautiful campuses and the facilities improve all the time. Just like BDS - it sure looks nice

Back