News of the day from ACC land.........

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
It is rediculous how FSU, Clemson, and Tech are playing into the hands of Virginia, North Carolina, and Duke.

Their tactic is delay to keep Syracuse, Boston College, and Miami from leaving the Big East because of the 2 million. They are placing their bets that GT, FSU, and Clemson will not bolt to a new conference once the three Big East teams pass the June 30 deadline.

The vote should have been taken two weeks ago. Let Virginia, North Carolina, and Duke seal their own fate, and the remainder of the ACC teams interested form a new league with the three of the Big East.

I feel sure, we could fill up the league with other candidates wanting to join.

It is going to be hilarious if expansion is killed, a new league is formed, Virginia Tech is invited, and Virginia is left out of the new league. Does anyone think Virginia Tech will say no, if they are invited to join the new league without Virginia?

drinking.gif

I wouldn't be surprised, if the ACC does not expand, to see expansion in reverse vs. a new league. In other words, the Big East pursue Tech, FSU, and a couple of others - maybe Maryland, South Florida, etc.

Another possibility might be for the SEC to go to 14, with FSU and Miami being invited in.

PR firm should have been the first hire, before a word of this was mentioned publicly - no damage control was in place, this was botched totally, wish GT could say gotohell acc - bite the hand that feeds/slaps you. I hate 'em all except Clemson and FSU.

2Big, thanks for the links. By the way, you get the award for the most creative post of the day. The little man is doing the job the remainder of the ADs should have already done to North Carolina, Duke, and Virginia.

Back