NFL+College Power Rankings

CarolinaJacket

Varsity Lurker
Ok so I kinda just threw this together today. I combined The NFL and College to make this 36 team list. This is somewhat a joke, but honestly, the way all those rookie QBs played last year I definitely think some top teams can compete with Cleveland, Jacksonville, and even St. Louis.

1. Georgia Tech (lol jk)
1. Denver
2. San Francisco
3. Atlanta
4. Green Bay
5. New England
6. Houston
7. Baltimore
8. Seattle
9. Cincinnati
10. New York Giants
11. Indianapolis
12. Chicago
13. Washington
14. Pittsburg
15. New Orleans
16. Tampa
17. Dallas
18. Minnesota
19. Arizona
20. Miami
21. Carolina
22. Philadelphia
23. St. Louis
24. Detroit
25. Alabama
26. Tennessee
27. St. Louis
28. Oakland
29. Oregon
30. Ohio State
31. Kansas City
32. San Diego
33. New York
34. Texas A&M
35. Buffalo
36. Jacksonville

And before you give me hell, just think, Oregon, TA&M, and Ohio State have better QBs than at least 6 NFL teams. Over half of Alabama's D will play in the NFL, and All of the college teams above have playmakers that are fast enough to compete at an NFL level.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Over half of Alabama's D will play in the NFL, and All of the college teams above have playmakers that are fast enough to compete at an NFL level.
Every player making up every NFL roster "plays in the NFL" and most all of their players, by virtue of being on an NFL roster, are "fast enough to compete at an NFL level."

CarolinaJacket

Varsity Lurker
Every player making up every NFL roster "plays in the NFL" and most all of their players, by virtue of being on an NFL roster, are "fast enough to compete at an NFL level."
Yes, but then you have players like Clowney (even though USC isn't on this list) that would be the best player by far on some teams. Alabama and Oregon has players that could step in and play NFL level right now. Look I know I stretched it a bit, but the point I am trying to get at is the gap between the worst in the NFL and best in College has gotten very small.

BlackJacket

Dodd-Like
You're fooling yourself if you think the best college team could beat the worst pro team.

carmex

Jolly Good Fellow
You're fooling yourself if you think the best college team could beat the worst pro team.
Agreed. A few college playmakers aside, the talent difference on the team as a whole is huge. One or two or even a few guys wouldn't make up for a whole team of "NFL talent". Just not gonna happen.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Clowney would be neutralized by Joe Thomas alone on the Browns, and you didn't even rank the Browns. The difference between college and the pros (just like between BCS and non-BCS and good and great) is in the trenches. The years and strength on the NFL Lines would just overpower any sort of college offensive or defensive line.

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
Agreed with the criticisms of the OP. Take the Jaguars, who you rank last. Even if you assumed they were straight out of college, their starting OL includes two first rounders, a second-rounder, a third-rounder, and a fifth rounder. That's not counting their 30 or so years combined experience. Then you got skill players like Justin Blackmon - fifth overall pick, Blain Gabbert - 10th overall pick, Marcedes Lewis - 28th overall pick. Hell, their BACKUP WR is Mohamed Massaquoi, who was first team all-sec and fourth all time receiving at uga. I haven't even mentioned Maurice Jones-Drew.

Then you get into their D, like first rounders Marcus Trufant, Jason Babin, and Tyson Alualu, in addition to a bunch more 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Even if you want to get generous, Alabama has maybe 11 players who start (Barron, Carpenter, Dareus, Harper, Jackson, Johnson, Julio Jones, Evan Mathis, Rolando McClain, Ryans, Andre Smith) and another 9 backups who play meaningful minutes (Anderson, Arenas, Caldwell, Cody, Deaderick, Gilberry, Ingram, Rashad Johnson, Le'Ron McClain). That's counting ALL of their current NFL guys (those who played college over a decade ago), not just the dudes who played on a single team at the same time.

So basically, every Alabama player going back the last decade can make up half an NFL two deep. That's öööö impressive, but also shows they have no chance against any NFL team.

In fact, you could take every single player from the Jaguars and they would start over their respective counterpart at Bama with the only possible exceptions being Cyrus Kouandijo, CJ Mosley, Adrian Hubbard, Hasean Clinton-Dix or Anthony Steen. I'm stretching a bit on the latter few.

GruffyMcGuiness

We Dedrick
I see comparisons of Bama and Jville a lot and would love to seem them somehow play to see what happens. Jags definitely win but it would be interesting. Bama's lines would get eaten up.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I see comparisons of Bama and Jville a lot and would love to seem them somehow play to see what happens. Jags definitely win but it would be interesting. Bama's lines would get eaten up.
It would be interesting because I don't think a game involving an NFL team has ever been decided by more than one hundred points before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
I don't think the "great" Saban wants to play another NFL team in his career.

augustabuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Way "back in the day", the first preseason game was the college all-stars vs. the defending NFL champs. Bobby Dodd's all-stars beat the Philadelphia Eagles.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
The best high school team in the country probably makes a game of it with the lowest FBS team.

The best college team competing with the worst NFL team...you're on crack

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Way "back in the day", the first preseason game was the college all-stars vs. the defending NFL champs. Bobby Dodd's all-stars beat the Philadelphia Eagles.
Around 1970 it became apparent that the college all stars were never going to win another game. The NFL would literally be on a 50 game winning streak if it were still being played today.

JWE37

Jolly Good Fellow
The difference between The #1 NFL team and the #32 team is QB play and maybe 2-3 playmakers. It's why the top seeds in the playoffs hardly ever win the Super Bowl.

My point is that it doesn't matter what NFL team you pick, they would destroy any college team (Bama included).

forensicbuzz

Varsity Lurker
Not a chance, never, no way, ever. Practically every single player on the worst NFL team would be a starter on the best college team. There may be a few exceptions, but very, very few.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
I appreciate posters who freely raise their hands and admit to the rest of us they don't know öööö about football. Keeps the guess work down later on when reading their BS. Thanks Carolina

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
I think everyone (I could be wrong here) is looking at this hypothetical from purely a perspective on talent. The other main variable for me is team chemistry. It's my thinking that most of the öööö-on-a-shingle teams in the NFL are terrible because of chemistry - chemistry between coaches and players, players and players, and strategies v. skill set. What makes Bama so strong is not simply the high level of talent (see UGAg for highly talented teams who DON'T when consecutive MNCs ... or any, for that matter). So, it could be said that Bama's weaknesses in talent when compared to an NFL squad, could be made up for with chemistry as described above. If anything, we've seen plenty of examples of how all the talent in the world doesn't win öööö if you can't make that talent work together effectively.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
I appreciate posters who freely raise their hands and admit to the rest of us they don't know öööö about football. Keeps the guess work down later on when reading their BS. Thanks Carolina
I appreciate posters who freely raise their hands and admit to the rest of us they are assholes. Keeps the guess work down later on when reading their BS. Thanks BOR.

Seriously though, you're at least the 5th guy to say that he's wrong. No need to insult him.