Louisiana

Virginia

North Carolina

South Carolina

Illinois

Mississippi

Alabama

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the fact that we recruit out of state kids as well at georgia kids. The reality is GA has lousy schools. If we recruited GA exclusively we would have to give the Ugag BB exam to keep our kids in school.

I really don't see the GA school system getting too much better in our lifetime. Our legislature is a joke. In fact I see GA following California and going into some serious debt in the near future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/readthis.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Interesting note is that we recruit 3 out of the top 4 (TX, FL, GA) states on that list hard....we also recruit states 5, 6, and 7 pretty darn hard (OH, PA, LA)

Basically, we hit the top 6 out of 7 in a big way.

and we used to hit #10 (SC) pretty hard - i.e. Joe Ham, Harvey Middleton, Mark Logan, Andy Hall - off the top of my head.

SC is worth going after because of it's close proximity and per capita athletes. If SC is #10, then that means it has huge talent "per capita". SC is not a very big state.

Recent talent includes NFL Panthers CB Terry Cousins (USC) and RB Stephen Davis (Auburn), Patriots DT Richard Seymour (UGA), and Tennessee's ENTIRE starting D-Line last time they won it all.

Right now, though, I'll just about take Louisiana over anywhere. We have had great success over there.

Happy Easter! That list ain\'t a pretty sight......

in terms of GT alumni. I wish the NFL would have listed the college of each player. Offhand, I counted about 20 UGAG "alumni" from Georgia.

I didn't see Kelly Campbell on the GA list. Is Kelly out of the league?

It would be interesting to analyze how many NFL players are alumni of other schools like Tenn, Auburn, Clemson and Tech's other main recruiting competitors.

Back