Nice Ball AJC story(link)

Axe

Flats Noob
I love this quote:

Georgia quarterbacks coach Mike Bobo was among the doubters, telling Ball so at a summer camp in Athens last year. Ball took the message personally.

"From that moment, it lit a fire in him," said his father, Reggie Ball Sr. "He said, 'OK, we'll see.' That's all Reggie wanted, was a chance."

Reggie Ball Sunday's AJC

MAN! it will be sweet WHEN ball beats UGAg! i didn't use the word IF purposely.

here's another quote:

"It's not phasing me at all," Ball said. "I'm just going with the flow, practicing hard every day."

cummon JH, it's not *fazing* him at all. i got to meet John Hollis a few times at practice and he's a personable fellow.

Somebody buy Hollis a coke. Nice job! Now if we can have a few more with a positive slant, please?
smile.gif

Man, this is just what this team needed. All you nay-sayers can continue to flame Chan's decision, but I, for one, am psyched for the season now! Reggie is going to give Tech the onfield confidence and moxy that a 4th-year junior couldn't do last year. The "too small" quotes remind me Little Joe (obviously) and the sidearm delivery reminds me of Philip Rivers. Both were freshman starters. If Reggie is anywhere in the neighborhood of either, we are in for a treat. I don't expect any 8+ win season this year. We are gonna have to take our lumps, but I think in the long run it will be well worth it IF he is given the oppurtunity.

Originally posted by Axe:
I love this quote:

Georgia quarterbacks coach Mike Bobo was among the doubters, telling Ball so at a summer camp in Athens last year. Ball took the message personally.

"From that moment, it lit a fire in him," said his father, Reggie Ball Sr. "He said, 'OK, we'll see.' That's all Reggie wanted, was a chance."

Reggie Ball Sunday's AJC
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Mike Bobo has NO BUSINESS telling anyone they cannot be a college QB. His own father had to blackmail Jim Donnan so that Mikey booboo could start.

That guy just sucks.

I hope Ball will make us say Deja Vu and reminisce about Lil Joe.

Back