nice idiotic loser statement by Gailey going back out at the half..

G

Guest1066

basically, "this half is about playing for pride and it's up to the players to play better"..

how pathetic. how bout giving them some coaching help. Instead of talking about "feelings", how bout telling us you made some "coach-like" adjustments. Jeez..

I heard that! You cannot tell me that the players are not playing hard. They are just being out-classed on the field and on the sidelines.

They did not look like they were playing hard to me. Looked more like they were scared, than prepared.
BOO

exactly right, ghost. We were unprepared, unmotivated, and made mistakes that high school teams do not make. This is the lowest point in the history of Ga Tech football.

This is being made the laughingstock and bowing submissively when we know the talent level is not that different. Sure the Dawgs are better than we are, but we've had much poorer teams in the past make better showings.

The defense was absolutely whipped. Looked like we would have done better if we just took the last 2 weeks off.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tenuta jump ship before it sinks, BOB has gotta be gone. And if Gailey doesn't get his arse out and hire some quality coaches and recruit his arse off in December he might as well pack it up too.

For those of you who taped the game, look at the first TD ran to the right. Their TE or someone blocked one of our guys to the outside. The runner cut back inside and ran for a TD.

It was completely evident to me, our defensive player made no effort to shed the blocker, nor try to reverse his positon back inside to stop the runner. It was pure passiveness and there was absolutely no aggressiveness in our defensive player. It was almost like our defensive player wanted him to score.

rolleyes.gif

No one on this board knows what players were feeling nor trying to accomplish. I believe they all went out there to win and play to the best of their ability and to execute "what the coaches prepared them for". That being said, preparation is the key. It looked like preparation was just a word and preparation was all wrong. NO ONE IN THE RIGHT MIND EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN!

What's ironic, during the course of this season we have all seen things that caused us to justifiably believe that this coach made mistakes that caused us to lose games. Not once did I hear him admit to, or directly/indirectly respond to doing things wrong or making a mistake in decision making, and/or did not make adjustments. I never felt he believed "he had" things to learn or to adjust to. It was always the players. I really believe he has the Seniors to thank for the victories that did come this year. Their team meetings are what brought this group together, not him.

On the other hand, I heard Coach Groh from Va admit to causing his offense to not be prepared properly against I believe it was Clemson. He laid the blame square on his own shoulders. He said they (the coaches) were the teachers and did not do the right things in game preparation and ultimately in the game itself. He actually apologized in the interview.

You know, I'm not a big Groh fan but as a player I would respect my coach admiting that some of the blame should lie with him or them.

Chan admitted he did not have the team prepared. I liked his halftime statement, he said the second half was all about heart, respect and pride. I think the team showed him what they had in those areas which is why we are so pissed off now.

FWIW, their players are bigger, faster, and stronger. The only way we had a chance would be if coaches outsmarted by clever playcalling. And, since we do not have that or equally talented athletes, a loss is inevitable.

Back