Nice Parker Braun article

johncu

Dodd-Like
Are the guys around Parker struggling that much? I'm trying to figure out why we can't establish the inside run against good competition when we have a player that good. In 2014 we got to the point where we didn't even have to run the option against UGA, FSU, Miss St, etc. We were just running straight dives and trap plays and mauling their DL.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I think the problem is more that we are not as dangerous throwing the football or as proficient getting to the outside. Therefore, defenses are committing to stopping the dive, midline and first option. But, Braun is playing at a level not matched by any of the other linemen. We have struggled at center, which you really can’t do and be successful.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I think the problem is more that we are not as dangerous throwing the football or as proficient getting to the outside. Therefore, defenses are committing to stopping the dive, midline and first option. But, Braun is playing at a level not matched by any of the other linemen. We have struggled at center, which you really can’t do and be successful.
This. We have an offense that instead of being multi-dimensional like it is supposed to be, is predictable. If we had a better option QB and/or a solid B-back [Mills, Benson] this offensive line would suddenly look much better. Right now defenses are selling out like you said and we aren't able to exploit what the defenses are giving like we have in the past.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
We have mediocre receivers and a QB who cannot pass the football. That makes it pretty easy to stop no matter how good ONE offensive guard is.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Weve been shuffling on the line a bit with injuries. Lee is darn good at tackle, but it seems that the switch to c has been tough. (Not unreasonable).

The lack of consistency has been an issue, but I think sewak has trouble developing depth as well

aeromech

Dodd-Like
We have mediocre receivers and a QB who cannot pass the football. That makes it pretty easy to stop no matter how good ONE offensive guard is.
If we had an above average receiver, how would we know?

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
The way he describes the feeling when he hits someone is a bit disconcerting, don't you think?

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
The QB can’t pass the football in large part because the OL can’t protect him and the WRs can’t get separation.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The QB can’t pass the football in large part because the OL can’t protect him and the WRs can’t get separation.
I've actually seen plenty of plays with WR's and AB's getting separation. Problem is the QB is either running for his life or, if somehow he has time, fixates on one WR missing a wide open receiver, or is so inaccurate that the wide out has to stop and play like a centerfielder trying to catch a pop fly or just watch the ball sail 10 yards overhead.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Our receivers get enough separation that we should be able to hit them. I think passing is by far the biggest problem, and pass blocking is still a much bigger problem than either route running or catching by our receivers.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Our receivers get enough separation that we should be able to hit them. I think passing is by far the biggest problem, and pass blocking is still a much bigger problem than either route running or catching by our receivers.
Our pass blocking is better than our route running.