Nice week for the ACC - considering......

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
wins over S. Carolina, at Syracuse, and I suppose Wake holding off East Carolina warrants a pat on the back as well. (12-6 overall vs non-conference competition)

A look ahead:

FSU at Maryland (aka) "Spear the Turtle!"
Congrats to Ralph on generating some much needed "O" (44 points worth on Akron) before hosting the conference front runners who enjoyed yesterday off. Gut tells me this game gets ugly in a hurry with many big-time plays to take the Maryland fans out of it and Noles roll by at least 30.

Wake Forest at NC State
Shame on Amato and that non-conference schedule! Usually, Tobacco Road games are pretty close and even enjoyable to watch but not this one. Rivers struggles for a couple of series while the two teams feel each other out but Wake has neither the speed or the depth to hang in there through the second half. State by 23

Duke at Northwestern
Raise the Roof! Raise the Roof! Duke gets win #2 over a team in worse shape than the Devils. The men in blue squeek by 24-21 in front of a crowd of 2,571!

Texas at North Carolina
Rejuvenated boys in baby blue feel good about themselves and understand the opportunity to grab some national attention by pulling off an upset. UNC did grow up last night, and Durant showed me he can take a vicious hit(s) and keep coming back. This game stays close and surprises many but Horns win 29-20.

Georgia Tech at Clemson
Woe Nelly! A win here and Tech reaches the Top 25 along with BYU setting up a nice matchup on the 21st. A loss here and fans can start calling Jacksonville to reserve hotel rooms for this year's Gator Bowl (vs Notre Dame BTW). Tech's starting "D" hasn't given up a point yet. In yesterday's win over La. Tech, QB Willie Simmons rushed 6 times for -8 yards. Remember Woodrow's rushing numbers from last year? Hit Willie and it's 3-0! Tech 27 Clemson 24

I would really like it if that darn bug with the 3 point margin would end next week. Hopefully it will be out of reach for CU after the second quarter.

Back