No 25 yearly limit?

All this money flowing in to win at any cost will eventually be the death of college football fandom. I mean, who other than the top 10-20 teams with infinite resources even cares anymore? CFB will become an echo chamber of the haves posting/tweeting each other with the have nots not even bothering to go to games anymore or even getting excited about big games since its all pay to win now.

I think we will be signing about half of our players out of HS and half our players out of the portal, not because of anything we do but because that is what schools in our situation will all do.

Fortunately we have the perfect coach for that environment, a fact that most alleged fans here are oblivious to.

I think we will be signing about half of our players out of HS and half our players out of the portal, not because of anything we do but because that is what schools in our situation will all do.

Fortunately we have the perfect coach for that environment, a fact that most alleged fans here are oblivious to.
The still have to be coached up once they get here.

The still have to be coached up once they get here.
We have no 2023 commitments so far....we may be getting all our players from the portal. I'm thankful we have the best recruiter in Tech history at the helm.

All this money flowing in to win at any cost will eventually be the death of college football fandom. I mean, who other than the top 10-20 teams with infinite resources even cares anymore? CFB will become an echo chamber of the haves posting/tweeting each other with the have nots not even bothering to go to games anymore or even getting excited about big games since its all pay to win now.
Is Cincinnati a team with infinite resources?

Cinci is definitely an exception to this rule. I honestly dont know what their budget is but it is certainly less than ours being in the AAC (until they switch the B12). They are very much the exception than the rule to the point of no one else can simply do whatever it is they are doing and they are no flash in the pan either. All I can say is they got some good talent there as evidenced with their 9 (!!) NFL draft picks this year, more than all other teams other than UGA and LSU. The bottom line is you just have to have talent to compete and that is something that is simply hard to do here.

Nah man, FIFY
we have the perfect fans for that environment, a fact that most alleged coaches here are oblivious to.

Cincinnati would likely not have made it through an ACC schedule unbeaten. They had everything align this year by being undefeated AND getting by ND. Replace the ND win with Clemson and they don’t make the playoffs.

Cincinnati would likely not have made it through an ACC schedule unbeaten. They had everything align this year by being undefeated AND getting by ND. Replace the ND win with Clemson and they don’t make the playoffs.
Ifs and buts etc.

Back