No excuse for this.

Newb.

-Pitt wanted it more.
-All ACC QB
-Our kids gave their all but came up short
-Cloudy weather

This was the biggest game of Collins' tenure so far. We were exciting the recruits, the fan base was energized, we were getting good press, then
1024px-Emoji_u1f4a9.svg.png

I sincerely recognize the challenges CGC’s faces to transition GT football program and have patiently restrained my expectation level. But the NIU loss and today are inexcusable and we as alumni and fans should not excuse it. The UNC game is looking more and more like a gameday coaching anomaly. I have absolutely no idea what we were trying to accomplish today. The offensive and defensive game plans were simply terrible. I cannot view this game in the context of “rebuilding”. And I’m sure we are going to get a heavy dose of pride/culture/elite level BS in the postgame and not an ounce of objectivity.

I sincerely recognize the challenges CGC’s faces to transition GT football program and have patiently restrained my expectation level. But the NIU loss and today are inexcusable and we as alumni and fans should not excuse it. The UNC game is looking more and more like a gameday coaching anomaly. I have absolutely no idea what we were trying to accomplish today. The offensive and defensive game plans were simply terrible. I cannot view this game in the context of “rebuilding”. And I’m sure we are going to get a heavy dose of pride/culture/elite level BS in the postgame and not an ounce of objectivity.

For as much talent as he’s brought in, we should have much better results on the field.

When we played Clemson to the wire, I thought it was just one of those close games top teams have. Then when we dominated ranked UNC, I thought maybe, just maybe we’re on the upswing.

Then I was reminded we are still indeed Georgia Tech.

Yep, same here. I didn't need a win today -- I recognize the cupboard was bare it's still only half his players. But I needed us to at least be competitive.

Pitt had created player names across the board and set the game play settings to freshman.

Kenny Pickett is a 17th year senior.

Paterdude is an idiot.

I thought our guys played really hard to the end

words. I'm drunk.

When we played Clemson to the wire, I thought it was just one of those close games top teams have. Then when we dominated ranked UNC, I thought maybe, just maybe we’re on the upswing.

Then I was reminded we are still indeed Georgia Tech.
Amen

Collins is a clown. That's the unfortunate reality.

CGC cannot throw players under the bus and point out the failings they exhibited between the white lines.

General rule of thumb for sports in general, when the Team wins it's all because of the Players and their hard work and dedication, etc (fill in the coachspeak here)

And when the Team loses, you thank the Kids for their hard work and effort , and recognize the other Team's hard work and execution, then you say that the Coaching Staff needs to work smarter, harder and prepare the Team better, in some cases you fall on the sword and say you let the Kids down.

Only 1 coach that I have ever seen at the P5 Level has deviated from the script above, and he used to always say, "the plays were there we just didn't execute".

Most HCs use that script above or something similar because they understand how important it is to build up the Team's psyche, rather than Tear it down, remember, half the Team is still Teenagers

Back