Noles are concerned over our team (link)

DallasBuzzFan

Varsity Lurker
The following part of that thread is what bothers me the most. It looks like me may be crushed when we see the final talley on signing day. If we only sign 11 or 12 players this year at about a 2 star average,it would be hard to take. But, on the bright side, We would have more s-ships open for next year for a full coaching staff to work on. Just trying to find some good in this.

"This has to hurt recruiting. You think you are going to be playing for this D-coordinator, then he's gone. Looking at Border Wars commited list to Tech, I find only 4 defensive players and all of those are 1 star players. YIKES!!! Of course come Wednesday, they could get someone. Glad we don't have that problem. Go Noles!!! "

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I believe our average now is right at or a little under 3 stars. If we keep some ships open then we can enroll some people early next year and they can count toward this years ships.
No matter whether we get another one this year or not we still have done well.
Initially everyone was saying we only had 13 spots. Some more freed up but didnt pan out. And all our people are qualified and that is VERY IMPORTANT. Remember Ugag lost 8 of 24 last year to grades. In fact I believe 3 of this years class for them are from that group

DallasBuzzFan

Varsity Lurker
Law-Bee, I understand what you are saying, and that is what I keep trying to tell myself, but, when you take those gold glasses off and see the real deal for this year it really isn't good. Correct me if i'm wrong in regards to the UGA statement, but I think we have 11 more games besides them and they may not loose all of their verbals to grades. Not trying to flame, it's just my honest opinion. We have just got to keep our helps up and keep diggin.

By the Way!
2)4stars 3)3stars 1)2stars 6)1star ave 2.08

DallasBuzzFan

Varsity Lurker
Ahsoisee, I totally agree with you, I never said that we were not going to be a good team this year, I feel as good about this year as I have in a long time. The only problem That I have is that we are going to loose alot of great players after this year on defense and we only have a couple of defensive players coming in this year, and they are all 1 star players.

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Dallas,
This is typical for a coaching transition. So, I wouldn't worry too much. We don't have that many scollys to give anyway. As others have said, next year will be the true test. Also, you never know...we may get a surprise or 2 in the bag this year.

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
Can't help but be amused at some of the comments about our recruiting this year. This may not (or may be) the best year for recruits but as for the Criminoles worried about us remember what happened to Bama when the Bear retired the same thing may happen to them when the big liar retires.

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
oldfoggy, you're right; the worm do turn. I remember when Dodd would schedule FSU to give them a little exposure and to fill out our schedule, sort of like we're doing UCONN now. The noles while have down times again.