Non-Tech...What's your favorite part of Georgia?

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Non-Tech...What\'s your favorite part of Georgia?

Just trying to break the monotony(sp?) of all this Bio-Gate stuff and BOB to Vikings stuff and recruiting stuff...
Georgia is a huge state with alot of geographical and topographical diversity. We've got coastline, island, flat plains, mountains, rivers, lakes, streams, metropolisesesses, and small towns...
What area do you like the most? Why?

I'll start: Having lived around many areas of the state and being a GA native and GA resident for over 35 years, I think I like the rolling hills of West Georgia. In West GA, we have Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Oak Mountain and the Little White House. We have Warm Springs and other small towns where the folks are friendly. You have gentle sloping hills and nice views of Pine Mountain Valley and the Chattahoochee Valley from the top of Pine Mountain. We also have Lake Harding and Lake Oliver and the Chattahoochee River...and the Flint River. It's generally rural except for Columbus. Then, if we want, we're only 1 and 1/2 hours from Atlanta. Check it out, folks. Meriwether County, Upson County, Harris County and North Muscogee. It's peaceful over here.

Anyone????

Re: Non-Tech...What\'s your favorite part of Georgia?

Good idea Bugboy... and you are right.. that is a nice area of the state... I would love to land a position with a co in the Columbus area for the very reasons you mention... also, there is a great restaurant in Warm Springs.. cant remember the name of it.. but if you like home cooking... go with an empty stomach...

I would have to say that my favorite is north of Atlanta... in and around the Jasper area... I like the hills and pasteur land there... I ride up that way as often as I can, you cant beat it early on a Saturday morning before everyone gets out and about....

Jacket Guy,
The restaurant you speak of is probably the Bulloch House in Warm Springs. There's also the Ivy on Broad Street. Both have great food.

Never been to Jasper. Need to check it out. I do like the N GA Mountains though. Beautiful area. Getting popular with retirees, I hear.

This may sound ridiculous, but i love Burke County-the gnat belt-in July and August. It's so hot and miserably humid (by 10AM) that to me it's like being in the very heart of Georgia and the South.

I am from Savannah and I really miss it. The ocean was incredible. To be land locked sux. St. Simons is really nice too. My office gets a condo there every year in late april and it really is a nice area.

Some ways it is all the best things of Savannah w/o the worst things.

Law,
I've also got to give an honorable mention to Jekyll. Real laid back place to relax.

Back