Not a Coaching Thread

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Am I crazy to think that someone like Matt Entz is perfect to walk up to next year, shake his hand and say "start"

I mean, if you want pedigree and resumes....Yes, I know the level, but it's still High Caliber Coaching to be a part of 7 National Championships out of 8 and 2 of those as HC.

Kansas state took a risk by most standards on his predecessor and they won 20 games in 3 seasons after Snyder running the show the last 25+ yrs

I ask because we always talk about Up and Comers who are DCs/OCs or Non P5 HCs..... what's the difference?

Not a name drop fest..... Just a discussion of opinion. No need to drop "your mama's" on this one

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Not a coaching thread he says, proceeds to name a coach and talks about how he would be a perfect coach. Do y’all read your own öööö before you click post or just wake up in the morning, get yourself a cup of coffee and start puking mental diarrhea onto this website?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Am I crazy to think that someone like Matt Entz is perfect to walk up to next year, shake his hand and say "start"

I mean, if you want pedigree and resumes....Yes, I know the level, but it's still High Caliber Coaching to be a part of 7 National Championships out of 8 and 2 of those as HC.

Kansas state took a risk by most standards on his predecessor and they won 20 games in 3 seasons after Snyder running the show the last 25+ yrs

I ask because we always talk about Up and Comers who are DCs/OCs or Non P5 HCs..... what's the difference?

Not a name drop fest..... Just a discussion of opinion. No need to drop "your mama's" on this one
Ur mom.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Encyclopedias are great. Your kids can actually read rather than skim, and history cannot be changed with a few keystrokes.

They are much better than stupid coaching threads.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I know it gets a bad rap, but as a kid I absolutely loved Microsoft Bob. Spent quite a while making a "secret" room for myself and putting links to all the good games in there where the rest of my family couldn't find them.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Encyclopedias are great. Your kids can actually read rather than skim, and history cannot be changed with a few keystrokes.

They are much better than stupid coaching threads.
Reading encyclopedias is also great training for Wednesday night trivia bar drinking. The trivia prizes can be very rewarding. For example, free beer.

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
Reading encyclopedias is also great training for Wednesday night trivia bar drinking. The trivia prizes can be very rewarding. For example, free beer.
Beer is good. I like beer. Free beer is the best.

Coaching threads suck though.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
Tough board…we love feasting on ourselves.

On topic, I think the paradigm of quals for P5 coaching has significantly shifted over the past decade. Recruiting is king and programs need gobs of money to compete. This brings additional scrutiny to lower level coaches whose style is more tactical than executive. I don’t like it, but IIWII.

H-town

Helluva Engineer
I just started watching the last season of Cobra Kai. Got through the first episode. Got bored cause it looks like same öööö, different season. Does it get better?

clapper

Dodd-Like
I just started watching the last season of Cobra Kai. Got through the first episode. Got bored cause it looks like same öööö, different season. Does it get better?
It definitely takes a while to warm up. The finale was a surprise.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
It’s like season 3 where it combines old story lines with new characters. Overall, I liked it.

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
never heard of this guy.so no opinion about him.
I did hear Gus Malzahn's post game after UCF won their bowl game.He's high on my list.

GT76

Damn Good Rat
He’s won two FCS nattties in three years. 2-1 in winning the playoffs. Decent, but he loses playoff championships almost as often as he wins. Possibly better than our current HC.
CC4C6685-5D37-4F94-BD0B-3C0FC6D92FCA.png