Not sure I like this....

The Jacket

The Coat
Answer to OP is better get OK with it because it takes hard roster management like the Gleason move to win in the modern NCAA. And the more desirable we get, the more hard decisions and turnover we will see. That we are a desirable place for a lot of solid recruits and transfers is a good thing, and it seems clearly that this young man sees that but the coach doesn't. The only way to make sure this never happens to his players is to have them sign at schools that they are way better than.
This. Anybody think that guy would say that crap if this was being done by Saban, or one of the other factory coaches? I doubt it.

Reactions: odw

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
That we are a desirable place for a lot of solid recruits and transfers is a good thing, and it seems clearly that this young man sees that but the coach doesn't.
When top in-state talent chooses to go to places like UNC, Auburn etc instead of Tech, I always envision a scene from a movie where an important letter is withheld from the protagonist. The villain is a mutt family member or coach throwing our offer away without the recruit ever seeing it.

RaiderJacket

Varsity Lurker
This. Anybody think that guy would say that crap if this was being done by Saban, or one of the other factory coaches? I doubt it.
Where does anyone think Collins learned this move? He worked for Saban lest anyone forget. You just saw one of the ways the factories get top recruits out of the reach of rivals and still have them on the roster for the appropriate time. He's signed and we want him at GT. But, waiting 5 months won't effect anything about his career. His choices are wait five months and trust your decision to go to a school that ensures your future, or apply for a transfer with the NCAA that can take over a year and end up somewhere a greater distance away from home at a lesser school. Of course, Saban won't get called out for the moves he makes by ANY high school coach whereas Collins has yet to earn his stripes. I do believe our coach really cares about his people and the institute that is Georgia Tech. His marketing, recruiting, branding, messaging, staff building, and energy level are not deficient. The last box to check off is can he coach. 2021 and 2022 will tell us that. If Collins is successful here, this will become an non-issue as long as current student-athletes and graduates are vocal about how it was the best decision they could have made to come to GT.

I watched the Grayson coach all during and after the championship game. He tore into his players and coaches the entire game, even up three TD's with two minutes to go. His speech after the game came across a wholly insincere. That coach shows all the outward signs of a "me first guy" and won't last long there if what was on display and his comment on this issue is who he really is as a person and coach.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
His speech after the game came across a wholly insincere. That coach shows all the outward signs of a "me first guy" and won't last long there if what was on display and his comment on this issue is who he really is as a person and coach.
I had these exact thoughts after watching his post-game interview.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
When top in-state talent chooses to go to places like UNC, Auburn etc instead of Tech, I always envision a scene from a movie where an important letter is withheld from the protagonist. The villain is a mutt family member or coach throwing our offer away without the recruit ever seeing it.
One Hundo P

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Where does anyone think Collins learned this move? He worked for Saban lest anyone forget. You just saw one of the ways the factories get top recruits out of the reach of rivals and still have them on the roster for the appropriate time. He's signed and we want him at GT. But, waiting 5 months won't effect anything about his career. His choices are wait five months and trust your decision to go to a school that ensures your future, or apply for a transfer with the NCAA that can take over a year and end up somewhere a greater distance away from home at a lesser school. Of course, Saban won't get called out for the moves he makes by ANY high school coach whereas Collins has yet to earn his stripes. I do believe our coach really cares about his people and the institute that is Georgia Tech. His marketing, recruiting, branding, messaging, staff building, and energy level are not deficient. The last box to check off is can he coach. 2021 and 2022 will tell us that. If Collins is successful here, this will become an non-issue as long as current student-athletes and graduates are vocal about how it was the best decision they could have made to come to GT.

I watched the Grayson coach all during and after the championship game. He tore into his players and coaches the entire game, even up three TD's with two minutes to go. His speech after the game came across a wholly insincere. That coach shows all the outward signs of a "me first guy" and won't last long there if what was on display and his comment on this issue is who he really is as a person and coach.
Great take

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
Is Geoff out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.