Notre Dame wants in as the ACC's 13th team, per USAToday

Re: Notre Dame wants in as the ACC\'s 13th team, per USAToday

GTCrew, you are correct, that is exactly what I am saying. Personally, I had rather see any Atlantic Coast team added in preference to a midwestern team.

Father Time

Notre Dame ain't bringing $30 million+ with them. If they had that they'd not be groveling for a conference now. They have probably been in some preliminary negotiations with NBC and realize that they may not get a sweetheart deal the next go round and better find a spot.

There is no way I would extend membership to ND unless they were to be full, regular members.

Maybe ND is starting to realize they aren't as special as they think they are. If the Big 10 takes Pitt as their 12th, ND could end up on outside looking in with no chance to win a national championship. Their arrogance might end up doing them in.

Well I hope you are prepared to buy 8,000 tickets to the Pitt-GT game then cause they aint bringing no fans and the future home schedule of Duke, NCState, Wake, UVA, a directional school and Pitt isn't going to sell tickets.

Originally posted by AWB:
Notre Dame does jump ahead in revenues because of the NBC TV Contract. And...... Ray Kroc's wife, (McDonalds Hamburgers) just gave $50,000,000 - that's right - $50,000,000. WOW!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't believe that that donation is for the athletic department and that contract is going to contract the next go around - guaranteed.

Notre Dame does jump ahead in revenues because of the NBC TV Contract. And...... Ray Kroc's wife, (McDonalds Hamburgers) just gave $50,000,000 - that's right - $50,000,000. WOW!!!

Back