Now on to FSU

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
What beef are you talking about????

There is no more beef to put up there at DL due to the lady and flunkgate!!!!!! What little beef we do have is Young Calves...Wrotto & Brezina...

This will be a problem all year long...Thank goodness we have Jon Tenuta to mask the problem at least a little....

Originally posted by beeware:
I will be at the FSU game. It is very difficult to win at their place...it is intimidating.

FSU appears to be back on top of their game. We need to be ready to completely open up our offense and go for broke, if necessary. And our defense will be tested by a balanced team this week....that has real coaches and not just tele-tubbies (like awbarn).
wink.gif

Good post and you have your pulse on what GT has to deal with. FSU will go after Ball from the get go. GT's offensive like must be the protector in more ways then one.
The biggest thing I am looking for is for us to play ALL-OUT to WIN. That is everything from players...coaches....game plan....execution....you name it. Don't leave any weapons unfired.

If they are better than us....so be it. But let's play BOLD....no more timid BYU stuff.

Also, there is no doubt that Reggie Ball will be a target (probably even has a bounty on his head). They WILL try to put him out of the game no matter what it takes. Joe H. did not make it through the game in both his freshman and sophomore years...both due to cheap shots.

And let's come back...win or lose....ready to stomp the klimpsum out of klimpsum.

By the way, game time is 8:00 pm on ABC.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by beeware:
I will be at the FSU game. It is very difficult to win at their place...it is intimidating.

FSU appears to be back on top of their game. We need to be ready to completely open up our offense and go for broke, if necessary. And our defense will be tested by a balanced team this week....that has real coaches and not just tele-tubbies (like awbarn).
wink.gif

The biggest thing I am looking for is for us to play ALL-OUT to WIN. That is everything from players...coaches....game plan....execution....you name it. Don't leave any weapons unfired.

If they are better than us....so be it. But let's play BOLD....no more timid BYU stuff.

Also, there is no doubt that Reggie Ball will be a target (probably even has a bounty on his head). They WILL try to put him out of the game no matter what it takes. Joe H. did not make it through the game in both his freshman and sophomore years...both due to cheap shots.

And let's come back...win or lose....ready to stomp the klimpsum out of klimpsum.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good post - couldn't agree with you more overall. GT's offensive line not only needs to protect the QB for the pass but for him to stay in the game. FSU will make Ball a priority like they did against Joe.

Yes, BeeWare. I wrote earlier this morning about f$u's favorite defensive scheme: Use a 5th on the depth chart linebacker to cheap shot an opposing qb. early. Mickey Andrews has no problem with a 15 yard unsportsmanlike and the player ejection if he gets the knock out.

I heard Reggie talking to Wes saturday and he said that he was looking forward to playing FSU because he had always liked them. I get the feeling that will change after he's been on the field with them for a few minutes.

Time to start looking ahead to FSU (is the game at 3:30 or 8?)

What will it take to be sucessful down there? HAVE to stop the sloppy penalties, less in the AU game, but still had some bad ones.

Their O-Line is big AND fast, so the same approach we used against AU I don't think will work. I noticed a lot of LB's lining up as down lineman and their speed against the O-line was obvious, but I don't think the advantage will be there against F$U. We're going to need Landry to have another HUGE game especially if Jones gets loose past the line. Rix WILL screw up, we've got to capitalize on each error.

On offense: If we were only using page 1 against BYU and opened 2 and 3 against AU, it's time to flip to 4 and 5 for more new plays. D'bo got the feel for game speed at new positions without having to carry the team, hopefully he gets the ball this time around. Spreading the ball around was a BIG help against AU, as it will be against F$U.

Put the chip back on your shoulder guys because no one (the 'experts') are giving you a chance against F$U. I've posted this quote from Major League before, but I think it bears repeating:

"Every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think we'd save everyone a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sports writers' time. So, I'd like to hang around and see if we can give 'em all a nice big sh**burger to eat."

GOOOOOOO Jackets!

No doubt, it will be a tough game to win, but this week's win should help the confidence of the team.

Father Time

ajc says 3:30 but abc said last sat 8:00

????????????????????????????????????????

TJ, you're seeing the same things I am, now, do I trust the AUC to get at least the game time right?

wink.gif

BW, wasn't one of the JoeH games on turf at our place and that contributed to his injury? Memory is foggy there.

How do you think we need to adjust on D? I say we need to get beef back on the D-line as opposed to playing an LB as a down lineman and keep our LB's fast and fresh.

Ball needs to practice against our 1st team D to get ready for the speed he'll be seeing

Back