Now that recruiting is over....

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
we can concentrate on spring practice. First let me welcome ALL the signees to one fo the finest campuses in the good ole USA. I am glad we got each and everyone of the recruits. My hope is that they can lead us to many many victories in the years to come on The Flats.

With spring practice on the horizon it will be interesting to watch the progress of our SA's.

I was REALLY hoping for an OC to be hired. From what I understand that is NOT going to happen and IMO that is a real shame. As I stated after this past season, I can no longer support CCG. My opinion has not changed in the fact that I do not believe he can lead us where we need to go with our program. I truly hope I am proven wrong on this point, but my fear is that I will not.

Offensively in the sprign I hope we find many ways to get the ball in CJ's hands. An athlete such as CJ should touch the ball no less than 12-15 times per ball game. I do not care how we get the ball to him, just get him the ball and let his athleticism take over. There are many WR's in the country who draw doubel coverage and yet they touch the ball on a regular basis. Look at Ginn at Ohio St., he gets 10-15 touches a game with double coverage. I am sure there are many more as well.

I would like to see our OL come out and dominate this spring. They have had a year to grow and beef up. The OL coach needs to go out this spring with a nasty nasty attitude and get his players to kick ass and take names.

Defensively, Coach T will have us ready to play.

Much work is needed on special teams as well.

To have an 8 win season we are going to need to be coached up in every single area.

[ QUOTE ]
There are many WR's in the country who draw doubel coverage and yet they touch the ball on a regular basis. Look at Ginn at Ohio St., he gets 10-15 touches a game with double coverage. I am sure there are many more as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ginn (and others I'll bet) all have a decent to great QB who can get them the ball and I believe that's our most glaring need heading into Spring ball.

Speaking of spring practice, is D. Richard going to be back at practice by then? Definitely looking forward to his return to the field!

Ginn, Jr. 2005-06 stats:

63 offensive touches in 12 games (51 rec, 12 rush) for an average of 5.25 touches per game. Throw in 43 returns (18 KO, 25 punt) and the average moves up to 8.83. I'm pretty sure your commentary about CJ involved offensive touches. I don't know if any of us want CJ to boost his touches by returning kicks.

The NCAA's leading receiver (Mike Hass - Or St) had 92 offensive touches, 90 rec / 2 rush - 7.67 per game. In the pac-10, a league of bloated offensive stats.

Calvin had 54 touches - 4.5 per game. Not ideal but the difference between him and the NCAA leaders isn't as great as some would lead you to believe (as evidenced by your guesstimate of 12-15 touches per game)

Richard is 100%

Could have played in the uga game and bowl but coaches didn't want to burn the red-shirt.

Re: Richard is 100%

No excuse for Calvin not getting the ball at least 10-15 times against UGAg. Looked like the game was his on the first drive, then we ignore him the rest of the game. Throw the damn ball and let him go get it. We coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn't win that game.

Richard looked fine about midway through the season. Just no reason to burn an entire season. We have him for 3 more now.

[ QUOTE ]
No excuse for Calvin not getting the ball at least 10-15 times against UGAg.

[/ QUOTE ]
They threw it at him, but Minter played great D.

first... you have to have someone that can get it to him..accurately ~ especially with Minter shadowing him most of game..our biggest personnel problem is consistancy at QB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Back