Now willing to give Chan more than a fair

texstinger

Dodd-Like
chance. This situation is not his fault. I appreciate his statement about being hands on until someone tells him to back off. Sounds at least like he is willing to fight for his kids. He is holding 10 ships open so these kids can come back. Unlike clough, braine, and moore at least he is showing the kids, and their parents, he cares. Has anyone heard from clough? He is the SOB whose head needs to go first, then Moore. It is time GT supporters start SHOWING we care and will get something done about this. At least Chan sounds like he is willing to go to bat for the team.

TS what member of GT is going sit on the US Presidential Committees on Science.
Argue with the Board of Regents over autonomy.
and Close million dollar research and financial support deals.

Oh wait....that's the job of G. Wayne Clough.
Trust me...Building a Repore is 80% of completing deals in Academia. It helps if people know you and have heard of you.

Though you could replace him with Ari Fleischer...he's going to be free

I am at the point where I agree with you Stinger.
I am still trying to figure out, in my mind any way, why his absolute silence on so many topics. To me, that had to be the plan from the get go. A directive issued from Braine.

Unless Chan's latest remark is a statement written for him, maybe he has started to move away from DB, sensing a change at the top.

If any of the above is accurate, CG's life at Tech surely has been a living hell.

Yes, I am inclined to believe Chan can and will get it done IF everything above him is changed for the better.

I hope that CG, and everyone else at GT, gets at least a fair chance to do their jobs. It sounds like the school was trying a method of SA tutoring that would prevent abuses while still getting the SAs the help they need. Apparently, the plan needs some tweaking, to say the least. But that there is such a plan is hardly a black eye for Tech.

In fact, it is a feather in Tech's cap. Look at the story about Harrick Jr. today. Do we want that kind of crap coming out of Tech? Apparently the Harrick sort of thing is exactly what GT was working to avoid. I am not going to complain about that, even if I will complain that we didn't execute very well.

Meanwhile the sort of paranoia, nastiness, and rumor-mongering we have seen on Stingtalk, from a very vocal few, is as irritating as the AJC's cluelessness.

I certainly don't mean that I'm happy about losing players to academics: fans, coaches, and team suffer from that failure. Their suffering is not nearly so great as that of the athletes involved-will they lose their shot at a GT degree?-but we rightly want a better approach to the issue.

Nonetheless, I'd rather have our situation than UGAG's.

DISAGREE. This situation is partly his fault. To distance him totally from the situation is to only bury your head in the sand deeper about Gailey.

...one thing that is clearly his fault is the coaching that occured last year. It was pitiful.

A coach who has a 0-0 record and a new 5-year contract has a tremendous amount of clout.. He's undefeated and knows he's got 2-3 years no matter what his record, no matter what he says 'cause no institution is gonna swallow that many years of a contract.. If gailey has acquiesced from the beginning and remained in the shadows not saying anything he has squandered a tremendous amount of his "political capital"... Now he's on the ropes & his power has diminished considerably.. He doesn't have the ability to rattle the cages like he did in the beginning.. A suggestion for chan.. 1-800-resumes

Originally posted by GeeTee:
DISAGREE. This situation is partly his fault. To distance him totally from the situation is to only bury your head in the sand deeper about Gailey.

...one thing that is clearly his fault is the coaching that occured last year. It was pitiful.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My thoughts exactly - LET'S NOT FORGET THE DISASTER IN COACHING. This academic fiasco is after the fact and even in this enviromnent he has some responsibility ... they all do!

Obviously, Gailey should not have allowed himself to be separated from being involved in the monitoring of his players academics. Also anyone notice there was no basketball or baseball players involved in this mess? It appears that coaches Hewitt and Hall must have been involved in their players academics where Gailey allowed himself to be distanced. Very confusing situation. I do think it is shocking that Gailey could be this passive about the setup with Braine and Moore when his million dollar job depends a great deal on how these players handle their responsibilities in the classroom.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am both naive & reactionary. After reading, and some listening, I have come to the conclusion that Braine & Moore need to go now. CG should be allowed to at least start the season. My feeling about clough would bee that he should receive pressure to resolve this situation post haste. I agree I would rather err on the side of not allowing to go on at GT what the slim at ugag have done since 64, but I also think we need to address this situation as we have never done before. Thanks.

If He's Told To Back Off Than He Should Tell Them to stick it where the sun don't shine or B-slap one particular person I have in mind.

South Georgia Jacket

Back