Observations of 8/31/02..............

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
1. They killed O'Keefe. Well, the new parking plan did exactly what we thought it was. Instead of only a couple central spots for most-of-the-day tailgaters like myself, they spread everyone out. Result? 2/3 empty lots at O'Keefe and AMC by YJA. The lots filled up in the last hour before gametime. I understand making sure that all GT folks have a place to park, but it just seems that GT flat-out refuses to support the tailgate experience outside of Peters. I got into AMC at 11:30 (late for me) and found the lot pretty empty except for one row in the SW corner. O'Keefe was a skeleton of what it was last year.

2. Yellow Jacket Alley will survive. It was crowded about an hour before the players walk and enjoyed the festival-type atmosphere. Was a little disturbed at one of the vendors in the anti-smoking "truth" bus blaring out rap music laced with obscenities and profanity. Someone needs to emphasize this is a family event to many folks.

3. I sat in the student section for the first time in 5 years. The view from Row 3 of Section 132 of the new south stands was surprisingly good. Except for the action at the north side of the field I could see pretty well. Not having a midfield logo does mess with your perception of the field if you sit in endzone seats. It is nice not to be told to sit down and be able to stand the whole game. Students are sheep: if you holler and get excited they will all follow.

Yes, I am the shepherd.

4. Vanderbilt fans are extremely dedicated. They stayed ALL FOUR QUARTERS (more than can be said for a lot of GT folks there). They were on top of the world when they scored that 3 points. You would have thought it was the game-winner. I felt good for them as the students were giving them and their cheerleaders hell all night. It appears from the apparel of the Vandy fans that they have EXACTLY the same gold color problem we do.

5. O will be a-ok. Bilbo will get a lot more playing time than I think anybody thought. He puts a lot of fire into his passes though. Felt really bad for Camp when he coughed it up on the snap, but at least he was able to recover. I almost punched a guy in front of me who yelled "that's why you're third string Camp"...freakin jerk. D was as expected, some of those hits were brutal. Seemed like we wore them out by the end of the 1st quarter, they were completely shell-shocked.

7. Was a beautiful day and night in Atlanta and i'll take a little drizzle anyday as long ass the temperature stays between 70 and 80.

8. The "new" crowd at AMC is a goodun!!! Good people and good food sure do make life really good on a football Saturday. Good to see all the old faces and meet some of the new. Look forward to the Clemson trip even more now.

9. Top10Bee says 13-0. Hell yeah!
bigthumbup.gif

GIVE 'EM HELL TECH!

Thanks for the view from the stands for those of us who did not attend. Enjoyed your views and thoughts.

smile.gif

Back