# of scholarships available

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
I have seen comments on this board and others that if we don't give our full allotment this year, we could end up with lots that we won't be able to use next year. Someone even stated that we could have as many as 33 next year, and obviously 25 is max. Well, in reviewing the roster, it appears that we will only have 17 next year unless we have attrition through medical or other casualties. That includes the Jrs, and Gathers, so that won't be a problem.
It is my understanding that after we gave some of the walkons scholarships this year, that we only have 21 available this year, we don't even want to use one on a punter. So, I don't think we are going to be carrying any over for next year. However, I sure hope we start seeing them filled soon.

Thanks for looking up the info before posting. After your post I looked it up as well. Came up with same as you. There could be some walk on players that get granted 'ships too. If there is any attrition those could even things out.

If come Jan. 5th and say for example 19 student athletes sign letters to GT, doesn't mean we will be finished with recruiting at that point for this year. Honestly don't know the number that will sign. Just throwing this out there. I think the number will be higher than 19.

The more/longer coaching staffs are together on the road the more effective recruiting should be. Each time things are evaluated and hopefully improved.

Like many others I'd really like to see more help from the Hill. This should be evaluated as well.

Go get'm coaches. Let's get these ones on the hook signed on Jan 5th! Lot of work to do between now and signing day.

Jackets!

Back