Of The New Commits

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Did all of them attend our camp?
If now which ones did?
What is the latest count on how many new commits?
The last time I noticed, it was close to 20.

not trying to change the subject, but I noticed that our line is ranked 4th in the ACC in a couple of preseason mags.

If that is true then that would have to be a success in that area of recruiting for CG. When you factor in F$U, Miami, VT and the rest to have the top FOUR in a FIVE man position shows some solid recruiting IMO.

I HOPE the line does make great strides next year. Reggie catches MUCH flak but I tell you WE HAVE NEEDED a tough QB the last few years. There have been times when the line was like a sieve.

[ QUOTE ]
If that is true then that would have to be a success in that area of recruiting for CG. When you factor in F$U, Miami, VT and the rest to have the top FOUR in a FIVE man position shows some solid recruiting IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. ok. So what you are saying is our recruitment of the OLine is a success? Football season must be close because I can already start smelling Lawbee's crap. Someone remind me to go pick up a set of wings before the season begins.

YEA....BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Haase%20Brewery%20Beer%20Wagon.jpg

I am back on the GT BANDWAGON!

14-0 BABY!

Do I need to talk about those wins over MIGHTY MIAMI AND AWWBBBAARRN!!!

DON'T FIGHT IT!

CG will be lifting that trophy over his head in triumph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Did all of them attend our camp?
If now which ones did?

[/ QUOTE ]
Scuse me folks, I meant to ask "If NOT,(instead of "if now") which ones did?" following my first question.
My reason for these questions is simply that I am curious at how much of a factor our camp time plays into the decision to commit to GT by these new players. It's not aimed at any coach, group, company, etc.

A large % of the players that we've offered or will offer, based on camp performance, have or will attend camp. The next camp is July 8th. The camp is a good place to evaluate because we run the camp like a regular practice session. The players do individual drills with the position coaches and also run through 7 on 7 drills, etc. More have or will attend camp this year than any of the past four years. This also includes one day set aside for kickers.

Jefferson, Tarrant, and Gilbert committed prior to our first camp.

We have 73 on scholarship now...the type that will be typically renewed annually. We can have 79. Durant Brooks will get one for at least this year to bring that to 74...but that is another story.

We only signed 15 kids for this year....so we have a couple we can give to kids enrolling in January who can count on last years (i.e. Melton).

Back to the 73 again. We have 10 graduating seniors on scholarship. That gives a total of 16 available scholarships to aware to players that would not come in until next fall. This assumes no one else leaves the program either from medical, playing time, or grades. That would bring us higher than 16.

Additionally, there is another way that we could possibly have a few more than 79 on scholarship that I am not getting into via internet, email, etc.

Safe to say we will sign 17; 18-20 if it is the right young man.

Regarding camp. Gilbert attend the June camp, but he was already committed. We offered him back in March. Tarrant and Jefferson were also March offers, but I do not think they went to the camp. Melton was someone we were tracking but we wanted to see live first. He came to the June camp and lit it up....much of it with Threet throwing the ball I might add. A lot of new offers went out in June.

[ QUOTE ]
He came to the June camp and lit it up....much of it with Threet throwing the ball I might add. A lot of new offers went out in June.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he was the guy that I saw who made an incredible jumping/diving catch with a man right on him...he's gonna be a good pick up. Although it was without pads I still couldn't figure out how he held onto the ball.

Back