offense - the reason we let them back in it

B-rockGT

Varsity Lurker
If you control the clock. You control the game.

It's fantastic and all to score on the first play of a series and all but think about it guys. Our defense was out there to start the game. The held them pretty good. Offensive gives up interception on first play. Defensive comes through again. Next offensive possession we score on first play and defensive is back out there. They hold 'em again. Then we run the punt back for a td. Defensive back out there. The offensive pretty much struggled the rest of the game and caused the defensive to get TIRED AS HELL! My point is that they needed to put together some longer drives.

Clemson is a good team. We beat a good team. Their defensive line ate us up for dinner. We couldn't get anything going up the middle all game. The passing has to get better. I couldn't believe how well Nesbitt looked during the first game. He was efficient and passed really well. He should have had better numbers but his guys didn't catch the ball. He needs to step up his passing in order to free up the runs.

I think if you asked the defensive players, they wouldn't mind one bit if the offense scored in one play every time :)

Back