Offensive Expectations By Rod

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I think we have one of the best offensive lines in the league, I believe we will be solid at quarterback, strong at wide receiver, and questionalble at running back.

I believe we will put a lot of points on the board through the air. We will be able to open holes for the runners. The biggie will be finding the runners to hit the holes.

If we come up with a good running game, we will be effective on offense. As stated previously, this is supposed to be Gailey's forte, so hopefully the running game will be there.

I was completely surprised last year that we kept losing backs, but kept up a pretty good running game. Actually, the passing game killed us on many key plays last year. I believe the passing game will be sound this year.

I look for a B to B+ offense at Tech this year. If the offense exceeds this, Tech will win a lot of games this year.

P.S.

We should be fine on kick-offs. Field Goal and punting look a little shaky at this point.

Father Time.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I believe we will be solid at quarterback
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just curious, why do you think this? I am not saying I disagree with you at all. I think that whoever gets the job is completely unproven. So we can't say if they will be good or not.

There is not doubt that between D-Bo, Ball, and Carter that we are solidly talented. However, until I see them actually start and complete a game I will reserve judgement.

I agree with everything else however.

Thanks for the position round-ups, ahso.

I hope new coaching at the QB position helps.

BeeSerk, I am a great believer that the coach is more important than the player. It is always good to have the best players, but it is better to have the best coach.

Since Nix was a very good quarterback himself and has performed well as a coach in his short career, I believe he will make all of the quarterbacks play up to their potential.

I believe all of the quarterbacks have a lot of potential. I believe they all played below their potential last year.

It also does not hurt that Nix grew up under a coach, his Dad, and understands the game very well. This is the reason I thing the QB's will get better and better as the year progresses.

Only a guess here on my part.

Father Time

Ahso, I like that line of thought.

It certainly makes a lot more sense than assuming O'Brien could do it simply because he was The Fridge's protoge.

I don't have much confidence in use throwing the ball. Look for CCG to really try to establish a running game and throwing off of play-action.

Lets face it...strong QB leadership can make or break a team.

One thing we know, whether the QB is DBo, Ball, or Carter...we will receive up and down play at this position. One great play followed by a bone-headed play. Think back to the first half of Hamilton's beginning year...arrgh.

Secondly, which QB has the leadership ability. Thus far, no one has been able to lead and inspire...can a true freshman do that?

Time will tell.

Back