official 2009/ 2010 recruiting thread

GTland03

Jolly Good Fellow
Tennessee was building a pretty nice class. What does Kiffin's departure mean? Anyone we have a shot at?
Not really. Juwan James will go to UGA. Michael Taylor to UF.

I dont think GT will go after any of them to be honest. You never know though.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Not really. Juwan James will go to UGA. Michael Taylor to UF.

I dont think GT will go after any of them to be honest. You never know though.
from ajc:
OT JaWuan James: The interpretation of NCAA rules we’re getting out of Knoxville today is that the North Gwinnett lineman, who chose the Vols over the Bulldogs, was officially an enrolled student-athlete at Tennessee as of 12:01 a.m. Wednesday morning. That’s contrary to what outgoing recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron was allegedly telling the eight or so midyear signees that arrived there this week. I know for a fact that Georgia coaches were also looking into transfer rules with an eye on James. But it looks for the moment like all those early enrollees — except for Brandon Willis, who never showed up and enrolled instead at North Carolina today — would have to sit out at least a year if they left at this point. . . .
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/13/bulldogs-not-likely-to-benefit-from-tennessees-plight/

ramblin_man

Jolly Good Fellow
You're going to see some crazy things happen if all this comes to fruition. Trust me. ;)

When will the crazy things start happening? Was it on the assumption that we got Groh? Well he's the DC. Are we going to experience a landslide of big time recruits in our favor?:D

Just wanted to follow up on this tid bit....
IF I am missing it all together perhaps you could clear it up for us.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Yeah we started recruiting season pretty well, got great recruits, hopefully we finish it as good in the next few weeks with several more great pick-ups.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
apparently 2 more players are leaving the team opening up scholarships for 2 more possible recruits. That's 5 free spots if we want to use them, might not be such a small class after all.

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
Yeah I've heard that as we'll. Also heard were given Lyons a scholarships.

I want to finish out with
Justin Parker
Dominque Brown
Another OL

GT_LUVER

Helluva Engineer
apparently 2 more players are leaving the team opening up scholarships for 2 more possible recruits. That's 5 free spots if we want to use them, might not be such a small class after all.
Which 2 players?

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
Darius Robinson says GT offered Saturday and he may give us a official visit.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Darius Robinson says GT offered Saturday and he may give us a official visit.
Good news, but 1370 SAT--can you get into Tech with that? I'm assuming that's out of 2400. 1370 was about the average SAT admitted under the old scoring!

whiskeyclear02

Varsity Lurker
Good news, but 1370 SAT--can you get into Tech with that? I'm assuming that's out of 2400. 1370 was about the average SAT admitted under the old scoring!
I believe that would equate to about a 913 under the old system. That would be slightly below the median score, which wouldn't have gotten me into tech, but I bet on any SEC squad except maybe Vandy his score would probably be above average.