Official 2013 Recruiting Thread.

KG01

Dodd-Like
With the mess that is Tennesse, why would any top recruit go there. Odds are he will not graduate with the coach that signs him.
SEC! SEC! SEC!

That's the only conference that can validate you as a recruit or as a person. :rolleyes:

On a side note, Elder is visiting Auburn this coming Wed-Thu and GT Sat-Sun. Has a bball offer from Purdue now apparently.

Trey Johnson is supposedly going to visit Auburn too. That Vols site is very informative. :biggthumpup:

GoTech19

Dodd-Like
SEC! SEC! SEC!

That's the only conference that can validate you as a recruit or as a person. :rolleyes:

On a side note, Elder is visiting Auburn this coming Wed-Thu and GT Sat-Sun. Has a bball offer from Purdue now apparently.

Trey Johnson is supposedly going to visit Auburn too. That Vols site is very informative. :biggthumpup:
They didn't seem to be that informative when Mr Kiffin left :lol:

AE 87

Dodd-Like
Kingsley Opara, big 3* DT reportedly taking a visit to GT this weekend.

rduck

Damn Good Rat
So is Trey Johnson in play as much as his name is being thrown around here. Admittedly, I haven't heard much noise about him as Lawson other than the relationship with Roof...

GruffyMcGuiness

We Dedrick
So is Trey Johnson in play as much as his name is being thrown around here. Admittedly, I haven't heard much noise about him as Lawson other than the relationship with Roof...
Go back a page or two to see the answer to this. I'm not thinking so after the comments I've read here :frown:

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I talked to the person I know close to him to ask if he knew where he was going on what turned out to be the day after his TN visit and they were all shut up about it. I doubt its GT.

Sent from my DeLorean using the Flux Capacitor

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
Per Kelly Quinlan (Rivals) twitter he's no longer visiting.
Yep confirmed. Waited to too late to offer him.

He and his parents were just a MD last week, so it's just too much to overcome with him AND his parents.

We should have offered him a month ago when the staff knew Hall was in trouble academically.

That's the problem with this staff, they just will not extend an offer or two beyond the number for attrition. FAIL.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
That's the problem with this staff, they just will not extend an offer or two beyond the number for attrition. FAIL.
It's called oversigning and it's unethical.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
And yet every other school does it. Oleary did it. Gailey did it. It's called planning ahead with the numbers instead of reacting to unexpected losses, you plan for them.

KG01

Dodd-Like
For us it would be called better planning. For example, with Hall's situation had we "over-signed" by one we'd be in a much better place than we are now. Agree/disagree?

Had he miraculously made it we would've had extra scholarships with Kidney and Moore's departures.

mts315

Dodd-Like
That is crap. Opara was the back-up to Miller. We waited to see what Miller would do before the offered Opara. We should have offered both and forced the issue, if Miller committed then and backed out now we could at least go to Opara and say we wanted you then and the spot filled up but now it is open. Or, Opara could have taken it and the spot would be filled. Our course of action was to put all the power in Miller's hand and now go to Opara begging.

Also, in order to "over-sign" the recruits have to actually sign.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
And yet every other school does it. Oleary did it. Gailey did it. It's called planning ahead with the numbers instead of reacting to unexpected losses, you plan for them.
For us it would be called better planning. For example, with Hall's situation had we "over-signed" by one we'd be in a much better place than we are now. Agree/disagree?

Had he miraculously made it we would've had extra scholarships with Kidney and Moore's departures.
It'd probably work out most of the time, but the problem is it won't work out sometimes and a kid will have his scholarship revoked, which is wrong.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
It'd probably work out most of the time, but the problem is it won't work out sometimes and a kid will have his scholarship revoked, which is wrong.
Name 1 time the numbers haven't worked for us to give a walkon a scholly since our current coach arrived.