Official 2013 Recruiting Thread.

KG01

Dodd-Like
Doesn't matter, the possibility that it could happen makes it wrong.
I hear you. Problem for me is I can't remember a year when we suited up 85.

It's nice to award scholarships to walk-ons, but the degree to which we do it doesn't seem to be indicative of a program that's winning big.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
That is crap. Opara was the back-up to Miller. We waited to see what Miller would do before the offered Opara. We should have offered both and forced the issue, if Miller committed then and backed out now we could at least go to Opara and say we wanted you then and the spot filled up but now it is open. Or, Opara could have taken it and the spot would be filled. Our course of action was to put all the power in Miller's hand and now go to Opara begging.

Also, in order to "over-sign" the recruits have to actually sign.
What if both commit though, and we only have room for one scholarship?

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
UGA just lost Laramie Tunsil to Ole Miss!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

They have just also offered Adeosun.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I'd be happy if we only self-imposed a 1 or 2 scholly reduction instead of 5 or 6. Leave a little cushion if you're so worried about over signing...

gtrower

Dodd-Like
UGA just lost Laramie Tunsil to Ole Miss!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

They have just also offered Adeosun.
Jesus where did Ole Miss come from? If they finish with Tunsil and Nkemdiche, they are gonna finish with the ~#8/9 class in the country. This is after going 13-24 overall and 4-20 in the SEC over the last 3 seasons.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Jesus where did Ole Miss come from? If they finish with Tunsil and Nkemdiche, they are gonna finish with the ~#8/9 class in the country. This is after going 13-24 overall and 4-20 in the SEC over the last 3 seasons.
Won't be surprised if they're on probation in a few years.

KG01

Dodd-Like
Won't be surprised if they're on probation in a few years.
Yeah it's a little too much, too soon if you ask me.

Then again, didn't the same happen under Orgeron?

Anyways, OleMiss is basically another version of Vandy (not academically). Any coach that has any success there won't be coach there long.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
its very simple. you tell the kid: "look, here is an offer to commit to Georgia Tech and be on the team. there is another guy like you, you isnt quite sure, and he has an offer also. The thing is that we will take the first guy that commits and so your offer is conditional on the spot not already being taken. we would love for you to make your offer solid as soon as possible and commit to being a Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket. The choice is yours."

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
its very simple. you tell the kid: "look, here is an offer to commit to Georgia Tech and be on the team. there is another guy like you, you isnt quite sure, and he has an offer also. The thing is that we will take the first guy that commits and so your offer is conditional on the spot not already being taken. we would love for you to make your offer solid as soon as possible and commit to being a Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket. The choice is yours."
Then they'll just say "OK, I commit", knowing that it doesn't actually obligate them at all.

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
Then they'll just say "OK, I commit", knowing that it doesn't actually obligate them at all.
then there should be no question if they do that and then go somewhere else that the scholly is gone, right?

ethical behavior cuts both directions

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
supposedly has a bunch of offers including Clemson, Tenn, SoCarolina, etc. listed as "soft verbal" to UNC

if you ask the gloom and doomers, im sure they will say that he is just coming for a free trip to the strip club capital of the South