Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
Back on topic:

Eric, where do we stand with any of the top dual threat qb recruits? We need to get one or two can't misses in this class. I think it is our most important hole to fill.

EricGT

Varsity Lurker
We've offered 5 QBs so far and we really only have a shot with one of them...and I don't think we land him either.

Would expect GT to find some QB targets during Camp this Summer

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
We've offered 5 QBs so far and we really only have a shot with one of them...and I don't think we land him either.

Would expect GT to find some QB targets during Camp this Summer
We must have been super lucky to get Vad when we did. Was he super undervalued as a qb?

GTJason

Flats Noob
Love watching Nolan Kelleher. A special lineman!
Saw a headline on Rivals saying "Kelleher clarifies interest in GT offer" Does anyone know what exactly was clarified? Seemed to be pretty interested, but a headline like that seems like maybe not so much.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
No idea on that...that's a complete and total guess this early on.
You seem to be pretty realistic about things - I can't quite figure out how to ask this...

I realize how early it is but how would you rate our likelihood of putting a good class together next signing day relative to the rating you would have provided this time last year?

EricGT

Varsity Lurker
a
You seem to be pretty realistic about things - I can't quite figure out how to ask this...

I realize how early it is but how would you rate our likelihood of putting a good class together next signing day relative to the rating you would have provided this time last year?
I like a class like the 2012 class.

Features guys that can be playmakers like Justin Thomas, Francis Kallon and Pat Gamble.

Also features other guys who can be really good like a DJ White, Freddie Burden, Marcus Allen, Anthony Autry, etc.

I like a class with a few good playmakers and good depth.

I feel better about the 2014 class at this point than i did about the 2013 class.

We have landed two good players early on and I think we can put together a solid class this year.

Hope that helps...