Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

GTCalvinist

Damn Good Rat
Will the OP be updated for primary targets, as in previous Official Recruiting threads?
Would be nice if this board had a 'Summary' feature that all users could update (on a per-thread basis). Basically, a wiki for the thread. I don't know what software stingtalk uses (actually, looks like it's vBulletin) - BeeStorm, is this a feature that could possibly be added?

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Would be nice if this board had a 'Summary' feature that all users could update (on a per-thread basis). Basically, a wiki for the thread. I don't know what software stingtalk uses (actually, looks like it's vBulletin) - BeeStorm, is this a feature that could possibly be added?
This was called tags, and it was a beautiful utopian paradise of glorious infallible at-a-glance knowledge. It's definitely Kyle's fault that it's gone. Tragic.

Keyser Soze

Likes Staff's Member
2016 figures to be a good year for long snappers and holders. I would think most of our resources will be focused on that for the next few years. 2021 special teams, watch out!

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
We'll recruit 1 OLineman, 1 DLineman, 12 DB's/Highschool QBs, and 5 kickers. Sounds like a well rounded class again.

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
haha. We'll sign 18 or 19 I bet.

1 QB
1 Ath
1-2 AB
1 BB
2 (hopefully) WR
3-4 OL

1 DE
2 DT
2 LB
2 CB
1 S

That's a low of 17, high of 19

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
Looks reasonable. My only change would to add one more OL at the expense of a WR.
5 OL, esp given our roster, is probably too many in any one particular class. Unlike WRs, they rarely leave early for the NFL. More important, there are really only three OL positions that you are trying to fill. Four OL recruits give you a C, a G, a T, and another wildcard.

If you sign 5 OL in every class, you end up with 20-25 guys on the roster at any one time. While the positions are important, that's nearly 1/3 of the team. Put differently, you will be 4-5 deep at each position WITHOUT doubling anybody up (i.e. someone can play both left and right guard).

It's much more efficient for a roster to double count certain players (not the starters). So for a four deep roster you'd have 5 starting OL, and 3 backups each at G, C, and T. That's 14 guys - I think the minimum you are aiming for. The Max is 3 more - 17. Assuming a redshirt class, that boils down to 3-4 OL per class. No need to take 5, imo.

EricGT

Varsity Lurker
Remember we have two transfers at OL...Thomas O'Reily who can play this year...and Nick Brigham.

gt2690b

PB time!
I just hope we get s couple more long snappers we only have one on scholly now we need depth there

B

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do we suck at getting the younger brothers of our players to come here? Seems like we aren't in serious consideration for autry either.

did you go there? Who in the hell would let someone they cared about go to that miserable %#$%'n school to be taught calculus and other $&*T by people who don't even speak english? Yes, I know it's a lot kindler and gentler these days and it is close to the V and the Cheetah's and the Krispy Kreme on Ponce but....c'mon man. The football players have it even worse...they have to do all this AND wear crappy uniforms too.