Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Do we actually follow up with him or do we offer, cease communications, and then try and lure him away from Cincy 3 days before NSD because we missed out on all our other targets?

Won't be committed to Cincy...he's a very good player.

Why would he come to Tech rather than Colorado. At Colorado he has the chance of getting 5 downs to make a 1st. Yes, I'm still bitter.

And legal weed. SEC looking at colorado for expansion as we speak.

Scatter shot to private schools across the nation might be a good approach. At least get them thinking about GT. It'll be interesting to see how it works. Of course this is where success would really help: If we're ranked when we play a high profile game such as Clemson, VPI, etc then it's likely to be covered nationally where these players get to see us. Without success we won't be on tv in Colorado except for Thursday night games (yes I know Clem and VPI are Thursday night games.) For national recruiting we need to be on tv regularly with that GT mini 500/ space shuttle commercial running during commercials.

Scatter shot to private schools across the nation might be a good approach. At least get them thinking about GT. It'll be interesting to see how it works. Of course this is where success would really help: If we're ranked when we play a high profile game such as Clemson, VPI, etc then it's likely to be covered nationally where these players get to see us. Without success we won't be on tv in Colorado except for Thursday night games (yes I know Clem and VPI are Thursday night games.) For national recruiting we need to be on tv regularly with that GT mini 500/ space shuttle commercial running during commercials.

If Tech and its ACC opponents were as successful as they should be, then Tech could be guaranteed between 4 and 6 nationally covered games every year -- VPI, Clem, Miami, ugag, UNC, FSU. There is no reason why those programs, plus Tech, shouldn't all be ranked every season, all season. The ACC and Tech has no one to blame but themselves for the media disrespect it gets nationally.

FWIW, and I'm sure that it's some sort of anomaly, I got every game down here in SW Florida during the 2012 season, which was a pleasant surprise.

Back