Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

BuzzCzar

Defender of the Universe
looks like a really solid prospect. the idea of going after kids in private and parochial schools makes sense because it gives a higher percentage of kids that are academically oriented and parents that care about education

also, we can hope that it also means a higher character of kid that works hard and follows through on what they say and do

i like it

GT1992

Dodd-Like
FWIW, and I'm sure that it's some sort of anomaly, I got every game down here in SW Florida during the 2012 season, which was a pleasant surprise.
Since FSU and Miami are in the ACC, why would that be surprising? The only surprise would be that Presby and MTSU were covered at all.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Since FSU and Miami are in the ACC, why would that be surprising? The only surprise would be that Presby and MTSU were covered at all.
Most of our non-TV games that are covered by Raycom streaming or WatchESPN3(60) or whatever it's called this year are blacked out in the southeast. I think that's what he's referring to.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Most of our non-TV games that are covered by Raycom streaming or WatchESPN3(60) or whatever it's called this year are blacked out in the southeast. I think that's what he's referring to.
But he's in Raycom's TV market. I would expect him to get all but a couple games every year on a local affiliate or the ESPN networks. ESPN/ABC shows 4 to 5 ACC games every weekend and Raycom covers the other couple, leaving only 4 OOC games. BYU and Georgia are big enough to be covered nationally, leaving only a couple of games that could even potentially not be on TV in Florida.

EricGT

Varsity Lurker
Junior day is March 9th and it looks like we will have some good guys on campus

EricGT

Varsity Lurker
5'7" 162 - ideal target for a UGA linebacker.
You copied the wrong post....Parish isn't small.

Bogan is small but the kid can fly...he's elusive. It takes a lot for the staff to offer a short A-back these days

GT1992

Dodd-Like
You copied the wrong post....Parish isn't small.

Bogan is small but the kid can fly...he's elusive. It takes a lot for the staff to offer a short A-back these days
You're right. Kid better be fast because if they catch him, he's in trouble.