Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

Re: Re: Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

I know of 104 offers...could be a few more.

For Gods sake, I sure hope we don't get carried away and meet the 85 limit next year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Is he fast? I don't see a 6'1", 193 lb. wide receiver as a great get. Maybe he brings something else to the table, but the offense has worked better with big receivers who can block on the edge like Thomas or Hill.

Keep in mind these measurements are likely from near the start of his Junior season.

He is likely growing still.

Last edited:
Keep in mind these measurements are likely from near the begging of his Junior season.

He is likely growing still.

I get that, I graduated high school as 5'10" safety and grew to 6'2". His picture didn't look like someone underdeveloped though. We need guys who can block and catch on the outside. The scheme will give them open looks despite speed deficiencies. Of course, I watched Hill whiff on blocks and Roddy make a ton, so size isn't everything.

I get that, I graduated high school as 5'10" safety and grew to 6'2". His picture didn't look like someone underdeveloped though. We need guys who can block and catch on the outside. The scheme will give them open looks despite speed deficiencies. Of course, I watched Hill whiff on blocks and Roddy make a ton, so size isn't everything.

Anthony Autry is a good example...He is listed as 6'2 180 on his Rivals profile...but the kid really gets after it blocking.

I think it has a lot more do to with desire than people realize.

Anthony Autry is a good example...He is listed as 6'2 180 on his Rivals profile...but the kid really gets after it blocking.

I think it has a lot more do to with desire than people realize.

Which is really difficult to recruit and that same desire leads to them blowing up their senior year and going to hell/Georgia.

Which is really difficult to recruit and that same desire leads to them blowing up their senior year and going to hell/Georgia.

Correct...It is a hard factor to measure.

I think we signed a good one in the 2013 class in Messick.

Correct...It is a hard factor to measure.

I think we signed a good one in the 2013 class in Messick.

We'll see. There's always the 4 stars who rest on their laurels and the 2 stars with desire. Unfortunately, the small 2013 class means we better hit more times than not.

Back