Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

KG01

Dodd-Like
You really think a top recruit wants to be rotated out? They want to come in, start immediately, and go to the NFL in 3 years.
Nah, I meant recruits may think they won't break thru for a year+ while the staff cycles through the incumbents.

Places like Bama rotate more than we do yet recruits flock there.

1NYJacket

Varsity Lurker
I'd sure like to see about 4 DT's and 4 more DE's with an offensive coordinator hired who can teach and run the modern option. Heck, we might even want to recruit a couple of tight ends and a throwing QB.

Build a product that sells to 18 year old up and coming football players and they will come.

1NYJacket

Varsity Lurker
Did you guys notice that Auburn was running the option from the spread with tight ends in their offense? Also, did you notice that on many of the plays they run, offensive linemen are pulling and the "read" is done with how the defense is reacting to all of the flow with backs and the pulling linemen running and blocking to take advantage of the defensive reaction.

In some of the plays, the ball carrier actually ran away from the pulling linemen when the defense "read" the pulls and reacted to the same direction.

Talk about hitting a defense in its weakest position - they are impressive.

jkernea

Jolly Good Fellow
Auburn's O is on a hot streak right now.....they won't be as solid next year after everyone see's it a time or two. Adjusting a defense for a "new" offense is always difficult in it's first year being ran. See GT in 2008.

I'll wait until 2016 season before I judge how "dynamic" and "explosive" the Auburn O really is.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
Auburn's O is on a hot streak right now.....they won't be as solid next year after everyone see's it a time or two. Adjusting a defense for a "new" offense is always difficult in it's first year being ran. See GT in 2008.

I'll wait until 2016 season before I judge how "dynamic" and "explosive" the Auburn O really is.
they have a wonderful OFF line and they are all Jrs or under-could keep pumping

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Does Tre really not mind being called "Stonewall" Jackson...if so...that's awesome.

We'll go from having Washington & Lee under center, to having "Stonewall" Jackson on the defensive side.

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
Read on the AJC that KeShun Freeman has a 4.2 high school GPA and took AP Calc and AP Stats this semester to graduate early.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Read on the AJC that KeShun Freeman has a 4.2 high school GPA and took AP Calc and AP Stats this semester to graduate early.
nice. Optimistic about a kid with his size that puts that much work in in the classroom during football season.

gtzulu

Any chance we can flip this guy (Roc Thomas)? I am awed by his tape. Top three HS running back video I have ever seen (other two: Bush, Yeldon):

[y]9KsL1B9qKvU[/y]
[y]QfQCwK2_EYU[/y]

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
I'd imagine after their season and having a running back in NYC for the Heisman ceremony it's going to be tough to get a running back recruit to flip from Auburn.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Does Tre really not mind being called "Stonewall" Jackson...if so...that's awesome.

We'll go from having Washington & Lee under center, to having "Stonewall" Jackson on the defensive side.
Nice.

gtzulu

I'd imagine after their season and having a running back in NYC for the Heisman ceremony it's going to be tough to get a running back recruit to flip from Auburn.
You're probably right. I would "settle" for a Shai McKenzie. Would be great at B-back.

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
Shai would be fantastic. I'd feel very, very good about our future running back production with him and Custis on campus.