Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Read on the AJC that KeShun Freeman has a 4.2 high school GPA and took AP Calc and AP Stats this semester to graduate early.
I met KeShun in person....dude is super impressive. He'll be a success, whether in football or in some other profession off the field.

GTJackets530

Damn Good Rat
Speaking of Richard, anyone know what he's up to these days? I think he's out of the league.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Number 19 player overall picked Ohio State over UGA and others. He's the number one inside LB and he's from GA.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1588008
Georgia, from what I have been told, was behind Clemson, Florida and Alabama, even with his HS coach being an ex-Dog (good dude, though). His visitors over the weekend before he announced included Saban, Urbie and Dabo and a couple of Clemson assistants.
I also heard - and I'm a little dubious about this tidbit - is Meyer told him he could play basketball at THE Ohio State as well. Which is strange, because I've never seen the kid suit up for his high school team, and I've seen them play a lot.

GTbornGSUalum

Varsity Lurker
The DC at Liberty County is a huge OSU guy. Coached him 9 and 10 grade. Raekwon and he are very close. Then had to leave due to staff issues. That was when Clemson moved in. Guy came back his senior year and then he went OSU. Word is the 9th grade safety who made a name for himself this year is already a pretty heavy OSU lean.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Is there a way of finding out if we have recruited a kid? I knew Tyler Henderson at Collins Hill had a strong season, but I was reading the article about him being the Gwinnett Daily Post offensive player of the year and saw he had over 1600 yards rushing, over 300 yards receiving and over 25 TDs, including the playoffs. Here's his highlight info on Hudl.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/497790/

He also has a 3.7 GPA or something like that.

Seems like he might be a good fit. Has offers from the smaller FBS schools like ODU and some other, but not sure about higher offers.

Seems like he was on Tennessee's radar screen at one point, but maybe fell off with their strong class?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Anything new on Mike Rogers (DB Campbell HS)? AJC has a little piece about him opening up recruiting some. UCF, GT, and Ohio State.

Where are we recruiting him to play?

QuadF

Dodd-Like
by my count so far, our commits are:
1 RB (leggett)
1 qb (jordan)
2 de (merriweather, simmons)
3 ol (brown, marshall, whitley)
6 db (johnson, taylor, austin, austin, searcy, durham)
3 lb (lewis, freeman, jackson)
1 te (klock)

are we not targeting any WRs besides autry? are any of the dbs going to end up at aback? are we not focusing on DT this year?

MtownJacket

Dodd-Like
by my count so far, our commits are:
1 RB (leggett)
1 qb (jordan)
2 de (merriweather, simmons)
3 ol (brown, marshall, whitley)
6 db (johnson, taylor, austin, austin, searcy, durham)
3 lb (lewis, freeman, jackson)
1 te (klock)

are we not targeting any WRs besides autry? are any of the dbs going to end up at aback? are we not focusing on DT this year?
Searcy is a WR. Johnson could also be a WR.

We are recruiting Autry as an A-back.

As for DT we were looking at Pittman but passed. Now we are going hard after Sawyers from Vandy.