Official 2018 GT Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Other GT Sports' started by gtrower, Feb 28, 2018.

1. sportsman11

sportsman11 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
  2. gtrower

gtrower Dodd-Like

Loc:
    DC
    Team:
    GT
    I hate these b2b midweek games where the other team only has 1. At least we bounced back in the 8/9th last night to beat Pitt. We’re only a few games back from being best in the ACC right now. Crazy.

3. LagrangeJacket

LagrangeJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We lose the series to Pitt. Probably canceled out all the good we did last week for our NCAA resume.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dawgbasher

dawgbasher Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Funny how so many drank the Kool Aid after the FSU series. Hell, Duke just took the series AT FSU this weekend. FSU is average to below average, as is the entire ACC. Look at Miami, they just took the series AT Clemson this past weekend as well. No legitimately great teams in the ACC this year, unlike years past.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. LagrangeJacket

LagrangeJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The ACC is down this year, that's for sure.

6. gtfan1147

gtfan1147 Dodd-Like

Between baseball’s last 10 years, basketball’s last 15 and Ted Roof’s defenses and numerous blown leads, you’d have to be a fool to trust a major Tech sport.

And being one of those fools, I had high hopes after the FSU series. But Hall is what he is now: the coach of a perennial bubble team who typically finishes short of .500 in ACC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 2
  7. FHstinger

FHstinger Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Canton, GA
    Team:
    My two favorite teams are TECH and whoever's playing Georgia.
    Guldberg pinch ran for T. English in the 8th inning Saturday after Tristin doubled. CDH then immediately had B. Radcliff pinch hit for Guldberg the next inning. Radcliff promptly struck out again. Uncanny.

With these two good hitters out of the game(English and Guldberg), it is no wonder Tech lost to lowly Pitt in the 14th inning...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. gtrower

gtrower Dodd-Like

Loc:
    DC
    Team:
    GT
    Jackets hammer KSU 17-7 last night. McCann has been absolutely killing it the last few weeks.

9. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    If Tech Baseball finished 55-0 this year with 55 perfect games pitched and (duh) won the CWS, scored at least 20 runs every game, had the entire roster drafted in the first round of the MLB Draft - I would want Danny Hall instantaneously fired and run out of town in humiliating fashion once the season ended. But, that's just me =- I am NORMAL.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  10. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I did the above post this morning. Just saw that TECH blew 6-2 lead in the 8th then 2-run lead in the 10th. I have watched a total of 2 innings this year down from 300 innings "back in the day". There simply is no greater waste of time on planet earth than following Tech baseball. If you told me that instead of going to a Tech baseball game that you stayed home a beat your head against a brick wall until you put yourself into the hospital in perpetuity - I would respect that more than if you had gone to the game. That is how unfathomably horrible GT baseball is. The program should be shut down - end of story. A total money loser and a total disgrace to the institution! OK, I know - tell me something I don't know...........

• Like Like x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  11. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't know what a bigger waste of time is, you watching GT baseball when you know you don't give a öööö, writing this post out, or reading it. But I have done 2 of 3 and am ready to blow my brains out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't "watch" the games online. I do occasionally check in on the "Live Stats" or Game Tracker" - just for morbid fascination. I watched a couple of innings of a game vs. FSU - there were more FSU fans there. Also, there were maybe 50 Tech fans in attendance. I imagine during the game that (at least) a couple of thousand Tech students walked by or drove by the game. What an indictment of how terrible the entirety of situation is. Tech has 15 sports: 2 are very good: Golf and Women's Tennis - a few are "average" (football included) - the rest are below average or terrible. End of analysis.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BackstreetBuzz

BackstreetBuzz Varsity Lurker

Danny need to carefully evaluate every situation, then make decisions based upon his experience, knowledge and feel for the game, then do the exact opposite. He is the only guy I’ve ever seen who can make the wrong decision 95% of the time in 50/50 situations.

• Like Like x 5
  14. LagrangeJacket

LagrangeJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    10-1 with UNC still batting in the B7. Can we just mercy rule this one and save some bullpen arms for Tuesday?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackrazor

Blackrazor Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Woodstock
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It is time for Danny Hall to go. He has worn out his welcome in my opinion. The talent level on this team is to high to not be competing. It comes down to coaching and in game decisions that just are not very well made. I hate to say but what has he done for this program lately? Nothing.....zero....zip.....nada....nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  16. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Is it time for Danny Hall to go? Is that a trick question!?!?!? If firing Danny Hall meant shutting down the entire baseball program for 5 years - fine with me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  17. BackstreetBuzz

BackstreetBuzz Varsity Lurker

Does anyone know the buyout details for CDH’s contract. I assume we would owe him 3 years at $390K per year, but maybe TStan had the good sense to reduce it as the contract progresses.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LagrangeJacket

LagrangeJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Now updated with 2018 stats!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Pay him double to get the f*ck out of town - and take his two sons with him. The guy pure death.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FHstinger

FHstinger Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Canton, GA
    Team:
    My two favorite teams are TECH and whoever's playing Georgia.
    You got my vote...and this endorsement is coming from a 23 year season ticket holder...

Tech takes an 8-6 lead in the 10th inning yesterday...CDH makes another bone-headed pitching change, and he inserts a pitcher who has given up runs in every appearance this year, and he does this with the game on the line...first batter faced: rbi double, second batter faced: rbi triple...game over.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1